Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad

Default DVD Player with a Good "Resume" Function

Hi,

About 4 years ago, I bought a KLH DVD player (model KD-1220).
The only thing I don't like about it is the "resume" function. If
you watch part of a DVD movie, and you want to resume watching
it a day or two later, you have to leave the power on (you press "stop",
but leave the power on).

Can you recommend a DVD player that has a good "resume"
function (remembers where you stopped) without leaving the
power turned on?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Laurence Taylor

Brad wrote:
Hi,

About 4 years ago, I bought a KLH DVD player (model KD-1220).
The only thing I don't like about it is the "resume" function. If
you watch part of a DVD movie, and you want to resume watching
it a day or two later, you have to leave the power on (you press "stop",
but leave the power on).

Can you recommend a DVD player that has a good "resume"
function (remembers where you stopped) without leaving the
power turned on?

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

--

rgds
LAurence

....Photons have Mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

Is that because it keeps a memory of where you last left off,
or because you're not really turning the power off when you
press the power switch and it goes into standby?

What happens if you unplug the toshiba?

Laurence Taylor wrote:

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Laurence Taylor wrote:

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped
it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

Most/all DVD players are not completely powered off when the power
button is pressed. The laser and motors are turned off but some
circuits remain active to resume where you left off.
My Sony players have resume functions that work well. And one even has
multi-disc resume - it remembers where you were on each disc you remove.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Laurence Taylor

Mike Berger wrote:
Is that because it keeps a memory of where you last left off,
or because you're not really turning the power off when you
press the power switch and it goes into standby?

What happens if you unplug the toshiba?

I've no idea. I use "switch off" to mean switch off at the front panel
or via the remote. Along with everything else, it remains connected to
the mains.

--

rgds
LAurence

....Watch for falling taglines BONK I warned you!
---*TagZilla 0.059* http://tagzilla.mozdev.org

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
T-Gain in cd player Arfa Daily Electronics Repair 0 September 5th 05 11:22 PM
Reverse Osmosis good, bad, and ugly? Danglerb Home Repair 7 August 7th 05 05:22 AM
Alpine CDM-7861 Car CD Player Problems BeefJerky Electronics Repair 0 August 18th 04 11:48 PM
For Anyone With A Fairly New Panasonic DVD Player Robert11 Home Ownership 1 July 6th 04 08:38 PM