Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Robert11

Default For Anyone With A Fairly New Panasonic DVD Player

Hello:

Just bought a new Panasonic S47 DVD player.
Imagine the following question is probably applicable for most any of their
new units.

Works fine, but some of the zillion options are throwing me a bit.
Have read the book over and over, but still have a problem with the
following:

Regarding the Memory option, where you can insert a "flag" to be able to go
back to a particular spot at a later time.

It does give a message when you press the button for this function that it
has memorized the location, but just can't figure out how to get it to go
back to the flag, at a later time.

It says to press PLAY (the right pointing arrow, apparently) to go back to
the flagged spot.
Doesn't seem to do it.

Is it possible to go back to Only when the player has been shut off, and
re-started ?

Can one go back to the flag position during regular playing, anytime ?
How ?

Any thoughts on this, and exactly how to do this, would be most appreciative
for.

Much thanks,
Bob

Chris Craig

In article ,
Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Just bought a new Panasonic S47 DVD player.

[...]
Regarding the Memory option, where you can insert a "flag" to be able
to go back to a particular spot at a later time.

It does give a message when you press the button for this function that it
has memorized the location, but just can't figure out how to get it to go
back to the flag, at a later time.

It says to press PLAY (the right pointing arrow, apparently) to go back to
the flagged spot.
Doesn't seem to do it.

Is it possible to go back to Only when the player has been shut off, and
re-started ?

Can one go back to the flag position during regular playing, anytime ?
How ?

My Panasonic DVD player (DVD-RP56) is a couple of years old, but it
has a similar feature. On mine, the player resumes play at the marked
location only when you have turned off the player and turned it back
on (without removing the disc). In this case, the player
automatically resumes play at the marked location.

I looked at the instructions for your player on the Panasonic web
site, and it appears that your player functions in a somewhat similar
manner. With yours, it stores marked locations for up to 5 discs, so
you can remove the disc and reinsert it later without losing the
marked location. Also, it looks like you have to explicitly press
"Play" to get it to resume after turning on the player or inserting
the disc, whereas my older player resumed automatically.

Your manual says the following:

Position Memory:

This position is memorized even after turning off the unit or changing
the disc.

Press [POSITION MEMORY].

Up to 5 discs. When the sixth disc is memorized, the earliest position
is replaced.

When the unit is turned on or the disc is inserted, play_symbol
flashes on the screen.

Press play_symbol (PLAY) to start play from that position.

I read this as saying that when and only when the unit is turned on or
the disc is inserted, the play symbol will flash on the screen, and
you may then press PLAY to resume play from the previously memorized
position. I think that means you cannot return to the memorized
position unless you turn the player off or reinsert the disc.