DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DVD Player with a Good "Resume" Function (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143207-dvd-player-good-resume-function.html)

Brad February 3rd 06 12:43 PM

DVD Player with a Good "Resume" Function

Hi,

About 4 years ago, I bought a KLH DVD player (model KD-1220).
The only thing I don't like about it is the "resume" function. If
you watch part of a DVD movie, and you want to resume watching
it a day or two later, you have to leave the power on (you press "stop",
but leave the power on).

Can you recommend a DVD player that has a good "resume"
function (remembers where you stopped) without leaving the
power turned on?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Laurence Taylor February 3rd 06 01:54 PM

Brad wrote:
Hi,

About 4 years ago, I bought a KLH DVD player (model KD-1220).
The only thing I don't like about it is the "resume" function. If
you watch part of a DVD movie, and you want to resume watching
it a day or two later, you have to leave the power on (you press "stop",
but leave the power on).

Can you recommend a DVD player that has a good "resume"
function (remembers where you stopped) without leaving the
power turned on?

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

--

rgds
LAurence

....Photons have Mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

Mike Berger February 3rd 06 03:27 PM

DVD Player with a Good "Resume" Function

Is that because it keeps a memory of where you last left off,
or because you're not really turning the power off when you
press the power switch and it goes into standby?

What happens if you unplug the toshiba?

Jumpster Jiver February 3rd 06 10:39 PM

Laurence Taylor wrote:

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped
it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

Most/all DVD players are not completely powered off when the power
button is pressed. The laser and motors are turned off but some
circuits remain active to resume where you left off.
My Sony players have resume functions that work well. And one even has
multi-disc resume - it remembers where you were on each disc you remove.

Laurence Taylor February 6th 06 02:21 PM

Mike Berger wrote:
Is that because it keeps a memory of where you last left off,
or because you're not really turning the power off when you
press the power switch and it goes into standby?

What happens if you unplug the toshiba?

I've no idea. I use "switch off" to mean switch off at the front panel
or via the remote. Along with everything else, it remains connected to
the mains.

--

rgds
LAurence

....Watch for falling taglines BONK I warned you!
---*TagZilla 0.059* http://tagzilla.mozdev.org