Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Default DVD Player with a Good "Resume" Function

Mike Berger wrote:

Is that because it keeps a memory of where you last left off,
or because you're not really turning the power off when you
press the power switch and it goes into standby?

What happens if you unplug the toshiba?

Laurence Taylor wrote:

I've had a Toshiba 220 for a year or so; this allows you to switch the
player off (while playing) and it will carry on from where you stopped
it.

Probably other Toshiba units will work the same way.

Most/all DVD players are not completely powered off when the power
button is pressed. The laser and motors are turned off but some
circuits remain active to resume where you left off.
My Sony players have resume functions that work well. And one even has
multi-disc resume - it remembers where you were on each disc you remove.