Posted to sci.electronics.repair
charles

Default remote pad repair

Thanks to a most helpful hint from Jason Betts, I purchases a bottle (1/2
teaspoon, or less) of "Permatex" rear window defogger repair, conductive
paint.
I cleaned the contact side of the remote rubber pads with alcohol and
painted each of those pads (all 24) with the paint. The paint is golden in
color so it stands out great against the black pads.
So far, I'm on the third day of using the remote with no problems.
Previously, I had to daily clean the pads for a few hours of very
undependable use.
Hope this may help others with the same problem.
The paint cost $12.69 at one auto parts store and the identical thing was
$9.00 at another auto parts store.
Thanks to one and all that replied to my quest. Especially Jason.