Mike Bales

Default Universal Remote question

"Paul Oman" wrote in message
Just purchased an open unboxed display model TV at Sams.
Instead of the model remote, it came with an open universal
remote. Unfortunately the remote is also unboxed with no
directions. I need to figure out how to program the remote
to my TV. The Universal remote is a generic one without any
sort of brand name. Right now it just 'flashes' when you hit
the power button so I feel certain it is waiting to be
programs, but how??

You'll have to provide more info then that for any help.

Take the remote apart and see if there are any names indicating who made it.

Joseph Meehan

I suggest you just buy a universal remote. They are not expensive and
they come with programming instructions. The programming depends on the
make and model you have. Oh yea, don't buy one that has to "learn" from
your existing remote.

Maybe you can find one like the one you have and it may have the
instructions so you can read them in the store without buying it. If so
write them down, you may need to reprogram it later.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Paul Oman" wrote in message
Just purchased an open unboxed display model TV at Sams.
Instead of the model remote, it came with an open universal
remote. Unfortunately the remote is also unboxed with no
directions. I need to figure out how to program the remote
to my TV. The Universal remote is a generic one without any
sort of brand name. Right now it just 'flashes' when you hit
the power button so I feel certain it is waiting to be
programs, but how??

paul

Patch

"Paul Oman" wrote in message
Just purchased an open unboxed display model TV at Sams.
Instead of the model remote, it came with an open universal
remote. Unfortunately the remote is also unboxed with no
directions. I need to figure out how to program the remote
to my TV. The Universal remote is a generic one without any
sort of brand name. Right now it just 'flashes' when you hit
the power button so I feel certain it is waiting to be
programs, but how??

paul

--
Take it back to Sam's, I'm sure they would give you either the

instructions or a different remote.