Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Patrick Wetmore

Default Toshiba color TV audio problem

Hello,

I have a Toshiba CF2668B color television. The audio died on it - does
anybody know of any common faults in this model TV that may cause such a
problem, so I can start figuring out what went bad ?

Thanks,

- pat

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:32:48 -0500, "Patrick Wetmore"
wrote:

Hello,

I have a Toshiba CF2668B color television. The audio died on it - does
anybody know of any common faults in this model TV that may cause such a
problem, so I can start figuring out what went bad ?

Thanks,

- pat

If this is the one with the if and video processor sealed in a metal
box, the sbx1637 module in this can needs to be replaced. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

wrote:

Hello,

I have a Toshiba CF2668B color television. The audio died on it - does
anybody know of any common faults in this model TV that may cause such a
problem, so I can start figuring out what went bad ?

Thanks,

- pat

If this is the one with the if and video processor sealed in a metal
box, the sbx1637 module in this can needs to be replaced. Chuck

I thought only Sony used that module. Did Toshiba use it too?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Patrick Wetmore

Thanks! There is some stuff under a metal box, as I recall from the time I
worked on some deflection problems.

Where can I order the sbx1637 from ? Is it available from www.mouser.com (a
search there didn't reveal anything), or is this a proprietary part ?

Thanks again,

- pat

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Also Samsung.

.. .

wrote:

Hello,

I have a Toshiba CF2668B color television. The audio died on it -

does
anybody know of any common faults in this model TV that may cause such

problem, so I can start figuring out what went bad ?

Thanks,

- pat

If this is the one with the if and video processor sealed in a metal
box, the sbx1637 module in this can needs to be replaced. Chuck

I thought only Sony used that module. Did Toshiba use it too?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

MCM Newark has them.

kip
"Patrick Wetmore" wrote in message
Thanks! There is some stuff under a metal box, as I recall from the time
worked on some deflection problems.

Where can I order the sbx1637 from ? Is it available from www.mouser.com
(a
search there didn't reveal anything), or is this a proprietary part ?

Thanks again,

- pat

"kip" wrote in message
.. .