Default Leaving Handset Phone off the Base Unit

Hello,

I recently got a new Panasonic 5.8 GHz phone. One thing I have noticed
is that it charges very quickly. Upon completion, it says "Charging
completed" on the display screen.

Can I just leave the handset on the base unit or should I take the
handset off? I'd prefer to leave it on the unit, but I have heard it is
not good for the battery if the handset is continually on the base
unit. Ther manual doesn't mention anything about it.

Thanks in advance

PeteS

It should be perfectly ok to leave the handset on the base unit. Most
new chargers stop charging after the charge cycle (no trickle) so
there's no difference in that sense between leaving the handset on the
base or taking it off.

Cheers

PeteS

ChrisCoaster

My 2.4gHz(don't laugh) KX-TG2343, bought it last year, says
specifically in the instructions to leave it on wall unit/base as much
as possible when not in use. They state no damage will result from
this. But common sense will tell you that a few hours by the pool or
out on the balcony won't hurt it.

-CC

wrote:
Hello,

I recently got a new Panasonic 5.8 GHz phone. One thing I have noticed
is that it charges very quickly. Upon completion, it says "Charging
completed" on the display screen.

Can I just leave the handset on the base unit or should I take the
handset off? I'd prefer to leave it on the unit, but I have heard it is
not good for the battery if the handset is continually on the base
unit. Ther manual doesn't mention anything about it.

Thanks in advance

CWatters

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I recently got a new Panasonic 5.8 GHz phone. One thing I have noticed
is that it charges very quickly. Upon completion, it says "Charging
completed" on the display screen.

Can I just leave the handset on the base unit or should I take the
handset off?

When cordless phones were first invented the makers thought people would
leave them lying around the house - but instead they found that most people
were storing the phone on the base station to avoid having to hunt for it.
This meant that the cells in early phones were frequently overcharged and
manufacturers had to re-design their chargers. These days manufacturers know
how their products are used and the chargers are better.

Slighly OT -- Cell Phone Not Charging Steve Koschmann Metalworking 10 September 18th 05 12:00 AM
Telephone Jack Charlie S. Home Repair 22 July 12th 05 03:13 AM
DECT phone funny Rod Hewitt UK diy 29 March 10th 05 01:24 PM
Cordless Phone - No Sound From Earpiece Speaker [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 11th 03 04:16 PM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Jerry Greenberg Metalworking 0 July 16th 03 01:33 AM