CWatters

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I recently got a new Panasonic 5.8 GHz phone. One thing I have noticed
is that it charges very quickly. Upon completion, it says "Charging
completed" on the display screen.

Can I just leave the handset on the base unit or should I take the
handset off?

When cordless phones were first invented the makers thought people would
leave them lying around the house - but instead they found that most people
were storing the phone on the base station to avoid having to hunt for it.
This meant that the cells in early phones were frequently overcharged and
manufacturers had to re-design their chargers. These days manufacturers know
how their products are used and the chargers are better.