Default Trouble identifying component

I'm repairing a Denon DRA-375RD reciever, and have identified the
faulty part. Problem is, I'm not exactly sure *what* it is. It's in a
2-lead TO-92 package, connected in series with one of the power
transformer secondaries. I'm guessing it's a resettable fuse. It's
electrically open, and carefully bridging it with some resistance makes
the set jump to life. Seems like the circuitry wants to pull a little
over 200mA through it.
The component silk-screen ID is PR401, and the only markings on the
package is:

N25

Maybe the "25" means 250mA trip? Anyone have some information? Thanks
in advance.

burbeck

Hi there these things are called IC protectors, sort of fuse yours is
'normal blow' 1 Amp see
http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.co...me.php?cat=209
regards
bob
I'm repairing a Denon DRA-375RD reciever, and have identified the
faulty part. Problem is, I'm not exactly sure *what* it is. It's in a
2-lead TO-92 package, connected in series with one of the power
transformer secondaries. I'm guessing it's a resettable fuse. It's
electrically open, and carefully bridging it with some resistance makes
the set jump to life. Seems like the circuitry wants to pull a little
over 200mA through it.
The component silk-screen ID is PR401, and the only markings on the
package is:

N25

Maybe the "25" means 250mA trip? Anyone have some information? Thanks
in advance.

frontline@nospam

No reset if value is exceeded, fuse yes different faster.
I am surprised to see one used at the transformer secondary they are
rated at 50V
designed to protect ICs but could work well for that
transformer/circuit or maybe safety critical part?
Jeff