thakuli

Default What component ?

Hello all,
my car is a Merceder Benz vito -99, which has a CDI type of motor with
Bosch-Engine management system (EMS).
This EMS has now one component which is making a whirring sound every
day when the temperature is high.
The picture of that component can be found from this page:
http://kotisivu.suomi.net/tomppa10/
The page contains link for small picture (100kt), where component is
marked with red rectangle. From the big picture (600kt), the codes can
be seen if picture is zoomed in.

Every information about this component is very welcome! It is quite
easy to replace it, as it is soldered from 4 pins which are clearly
visible in the other side of the PCB.

My best quess is that component is relay or coil, but no confidence as
couldn't find component from the web.

Best Regards,
+Tuomas
Cyrus

It seems to me it is 15u ( 15 microfarad ) capacitor.

Regards
Cyrus

petrus bitbyter

"Cyrus" schreef in bericht
It seems to me it is 15u ( 15 microfarad ) capacitor.

Regards
Cyrus

With four pins? I doubt it, although I admit 15u seems to say so.

Besides, *if* it is a relay, it may not be the relay that is faulty but the
control signal.

Anyone recognizes the logo? A search by manufacturer may be helpful.

petrus bitbyter

NSM

"thakuli" wrote in message
om...

This EMS has now one component which is making a whirring sound every
day when the temperature is high.

It's a relay and if it's buzzing you have a problem - probably not the
relay.

Fred Bartoli

"petrus bitbyter" a écrit dans le
message de .nl...

"Cyrus" schreef in bericht
It seems to me it is 15u ( 15 microfarad ) capacitor.

Regards
Cyrus

With four pins? I doubt it, although I admit 15u seems to say so.

Besides, *if* it is a relay, it may not be the relay that is faulty but

the
control signal.

Anyone recognizes the logo? A search by manufacturer may be helpful.

It definitively is a 15uF /100V capacitor. I have a 1.5u-250V of the same
manufacturer and series at hand.

SM stands for Siemens Matsu****a, which I believe is now www.epcos.com .

--
Thanks,
Fred.

thakuli

Thanks Fred!
that was a good tip and the component indeed is a capasitor and the
general description of that component can be found from he
http://www.epcos.com/web/generator/W...locale=en.html

Now it is time to start thinking why component is making a whirring
(or ticking) sound

Any guesses?
Best Regards,
+Tuomas
Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 17:33:44 +0200, "petrus bitbyter"
wrote:

"Cyrus" schreef in bericht
It seems to me it is 15u ( 15 microfarad ) capacitor.

Regards
Cyrus

With four pins? I doubt it, although I admit 15u seems to say so.

The extra pins are possibly for strength and stability of the
component, perhaps?

Tom

Besides, *if* it is a relay, it may not be the relay that is faulty but the
control signal.

Anyone recognizes the logo? A search by manufacturer may be helpful.

petrus bitbyter

legg

On 10 Jul 2005 02:14:32 -0700, (thakuli) wrote:

[...]

These are MKT(polyester) capacitor packages developed by EPCOS
(Siemens-Matsu****a) for Bosch.

http://www.epcos.com/web/generator/W...locale=en.html

Unfortunately a catalog page refering to a type B26685 15uF, 100Vdc,
boxed, four-terminal film capacitor doesn't seem to be available on
the EPCOS website.

Due to the physical size and the pulse application of the part, the
occurance of audible noise, particularly in hotter environments, may
be normal.

RL
thakuli

wrote:

"Cyrus" schreef in bericht
It seems to me it is 15u ( 15 microfarad ) capacitor.

Regards
Cyrus

With four pins? I doubt it, although I admit 15u seems to say so.

The extra pins are possibly for strength and stability of the
component, perhaps?

Yes, most possibly. with 4 pins the component stands very stable
compared to 2 pins. Also there is more metal to flow the current. The
compnent is very simple and the 2 pins in the other end of the
component are plus and the 2 pins in the other end are groud

Tom

Besides, *if* it is a relay, it may not be the relay that is faulty but the
control signal.

Anyone recognizes the logo? A search by manufacturer may be helpful.

petrus bitbyter

NSM

"thakuli" wrote in message
om...

Yes, most possibly. with 4 pins the component stands very stable
compared to 2 pins. Also there is more metal to flow the current. The
compnent is very simple and the 2 pins in the other end of the
component are plus and the 2 pins in the other end are groud

But it's buzzing? That can't be good.