ChrisCoaster

Default No Component!

TV: FD Trinitron WEGA model KV24FS120
DVD/VHSCombo: Panasonic PVD4744

I connected the component video outs to Input 3(Component) on the Sony
using some RCA cables I had laying around. Set TV to Video3

On the Panasonic, I went into the DVD menu, scrolled down to
"Progressive Out", switched it to on, and got -

squiggles!

So I pressed the button I just pressed, to turn progressive off.
Picture returned.

There are no settings or adjustments on the TV for
progressive/component input, just the rear panel jacks for that
purpose. And no other settings on the Panasonic DVD regarding its
component outs.

Is there something I'm missing here? Are the cables I had "laying
around" not good enough for CV? I'm really annoyed since both these
devices can put out and receive component video.
thanks, and Merry Christmas!

CC

Jerry G.

I believe that the models if TV's you have are not progressive scan rated.
In the Sony, the XBR, and HS series are progressive scan rated. I don't
think the FS series of Sony will work in progressive scan. I am not too
familiar with the Panasonic model you have.

--

Jerry G.
======

"ChrisCoaster" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

ChrisCoaster

So where would the video feeding Line3 be coming from with the
Progressive scan turned off? Is it bridged from the composite on
Line1?(line2 is front TV panel for purpose of this discussion) Or is it
still component?

Thanks,

-CC