Jørn-E. Årnes

Default Help needed identifying component

Hi!

I'm trying to repair a 24 Volt refridgerator commonly used in charter
busses. I've found one pair of identical transistors where one of them have
an C-E short. The transistors are located in the control-unit providing
power for the compressor-motor.

The transistor is produced by Motorola (logo found) and are marked TE2162.
Also, its in SOT93 package. Testing the known good one, tells me that it is
an Darlington-transistor.

It seems impossible to find an replacement or equivalent for this component
and every shop I visit tells me that this is a special produced
Motorola-component and that I might as well forget about it in the first
place. Well, I would not...

Can anybody help?

Greetings, Jørn

Chaos Master

Quoting Jørn-E. Årnes ], that posted to
sci.electronics.repair on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:43:24 +0200 under article
:
Hi!

I'm trying to repair a 24 Volt refridgerator commonly used in charter
busses. I've found one pair of identical transistors where one of them have
an C-E short. The transistors are located in the control-unit providing
power for the compressor-motor.

The transistor is produced by Motorola (logo found) and are marked TE2162.
Also, its in SOT93 package. Testing the known good one, tells me that it is
an Darlington-transistor.

Can anybody help?

Do you have a datasheet?

If so, you can select an equivalent part by the ratings.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.