Sharynideas

Default Panasonic CT25G controls won't work.

Following a power surge, our TV(Panasonic model CT25G) is frozen on one
channel. None of the controls work on the tv or on the remote. The
picture and sound are excellent, but I can't change channels or control
volume. I called for tech support and reset the remote, still no
change. Pressing power and action brings up screen that says all
systems ok. The setup screen shows up then but can't be used. A stereo
receiver plugged into the same outlet was not damaged. Is there a way
to reset the television?

Jerry G.

It may be that there is damage to the control section. This involves
the uPC. This something that will require proper service using the
proper facilities, and having TV service training.

Jerry G.

Sharynideas

I unplugged it for 1, then 12, then 24 hours. No change. I live over
50 miles from any Panasonic repair place. With the gas price it's
cheaper to buy a new television. I was just hoping for a user friendly
fix. Thanks.

Art

Microprocessor, E-Prom, Any zener diodes connected to the control or data
lines into and out of the micro. Corroded or stuck tac switches at the
keypad, etc. Generally you need to get into the set and do some in-depth
diagnosis, post the actual results that your find while doing the diagnosis,
and then we may be capable of giving more than just generic responses. There
is no golden witchie board that we can use to remotely diagnose and fix the
set.
oups.com...