Approx

Default AG 7350 and Sony Editor ? Qustion for Sony god's or Panasonic god's.

OK, Best Of The Best, Please answer a small question.

This is a question about a professional Panasonic VCR AG-7350 and a Sony
Editor RM-440.

The Sony RM-440 has a 34 pin connector to remote VTR control.

The Panasonic VCR has a 33 pin connector for a editor or remote control
unit.

I would like to know if anyone has ever tried to make a adapter to make the
two talk ?

The Panasonic VCR 33 pin has a +12V output that could power the RM-440
Editor but the editor only needs 6.5 volts in put from the VCR to work.

I could limit the Voltage some with two or three Diodes in series to drop
the voltage so the editor will not burn out the 6.5 volt ziner inside but
the connections on witch each pin is to control each VCR function, well I
have trouble knowing if it will work.

Anyone of you Sony or Panasonic god's know ?

The Panasonic AG-7350 has most of the same pin names to control the VCR
from the editor but some of the pins do not really say if it is the same
type of protocol. Most pins are just a high 5 volt or a low 0 volt and only
one is a clock pulse.

Now before I give pin names I should say that the Panasonic has a positional
RS-232C remote card I can install and I have access to a Sony editor with

two RS-422 outputs and I may be able to convert the RS-422 to RS-232C and
the editor may control the VCR but I do not know if this will work either.

Any Panasonic or Sony god's know if the two will be happy with a RS-232
converted to RS-422 ?

Will it edit ?