Eric Kort

Default Solenoid wiring for Whirlpool belt drive washer model LA5580XP

In replacing the wig-wag/solenoid unit on my Whirlpool belt drive washing
machine, I inadvertently tore the wires off the two solenoids before
labeling them. The wires are undamaged, and I was able to replace the unit,
but now I am unsure which wire goes where. There is a red wire which I
believe is for the spin cycle solenoid, a yellow wire which I believe is for
the spin cycle solenoid, and two white wires which I presume are ground.
But I am not completely sure that is right, and I am not sure if it matters
which contact on each solenoid is load vs. ground.

Can someone tell me which wire goes where?

Thank you,
Eric

James Sweet

"Eric Kort" wrote in message
In replacing the wig-wag/solenoid unit on my Whirlpool belt drive washing
machine, I inadvertently tore the wires off the two solenoids before
labeling them. The wires are undamaged, and I was able to replace the

unit,
but now I am unsure which wire goes where. There is a red wire which I
believe is for the spin cycle solenoid, a yellow wire which I believe is

for
the spin cycle solenoid, and two white wires which I presume are ground.
But I am not completely sure that is right, and I am not sure if it

matters
which contact on each solenoid is load vs. ground.

Can someone tell me which wire goes where?

Thank you,
Eric

The solenoids are AC so polarity doesn't matter, other than that I think
your assumptions are pretty good, try it and see if it works, if it doesn't
then move the wires around.

~^Johnny^~

--
-john