simon hanlon

Default Philips TV led flashing. burnt 220pF cap

I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this and
now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a couple
of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the LOPT
transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and powered it
up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut down again
with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

petrus bitbyter

"simon hanlon" schreef in bericht
I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this
and now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a
couple of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the
LOPT transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and
powered it up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut
down again with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

Apparently the fried cap did more damage but killing itself. You'll have to
find out what. The power supply tries to start but switches off due to
either an internal fault or overload (short) on the secondary. In this
particular case you'll first have to look at the part of the circuit where
the replaced capacitor resides.

BTW. You'll have to place the bulb in series with the mains, *not* in the
place of the HOT. The trick is usefull when you have a tv that blows its
fuse or when you replaced the HOT.

petrus bitbyter

simon hanlon

I was only placing it there to see if it was the LOPT that was shutting it
down and to see if there was power reaching it. No fuses blow on this set.
Thanks for the tips I will check that area

"simon hanlon" wrote in message
I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this
and now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a
couple of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the
LOPT transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and
powered it up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut
down again with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

Albé

simon hanlon wrote in , on
16/07/2005, H. Carmen

I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this and
now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a couple of
seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the LOPT
transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and powered it up
again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut down again with
rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

You will have to replace the "series switch". It is the most "left"
one (FET) on the cooling plate, as seen from behind.

It is a IRF720, afterwards everything will be ok.
Of course check the line transistor too ;-)

(Next time it would be better to mention the type number or the
chassis, please)

Succes!

kip

Most people think that there particular TV is the only one that the
manufacture made
therefore a Model Number and Chassis Number isn't needed.
They don't understand that these manufactures make hundreds of different
one.

kip

(Next time it would be better to mention the type number or the chassis,
please)

Succes!

simon hanlon

Bang on the money my man! It was actually a IRF620 that was fitted and I
will replace with the higher rated 720 as you mentioned. One on order I will
let you know if all is well then! Thanks very much
"Albé" wrote in message
[...]

Albé

simon hanlon wrote in , on
17/07/2005, H. Charlotte

I will let you know if all is well then! Thanks very much

You'r welcome ;-)

--
Alain (Albé) Reply-to is valid (only 4 days !)
http://home.tiscali.be/a.beguin