simon hanlon

I was only placing it there to see if it was the LOPT that was shutting it
down and to see if there was power reaching it. No fuses blow on this set.
Thanks for the tips I will check that area

"simon hanlon" wrote in message
I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this
and now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a
couple of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the
LOPT transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and
powered it up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut
down again with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?