Albé

simon hanlon wrote in , on
16/07/2005, H. Carmen

I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this and
now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a couple of
seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the LOPT
transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and powered it up
again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut down again with
rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

You will have to replace the "series switch". It is the most "left"
one (FET) on the cooling plate, as seen from behind.

It is a IRF720, afterwards everything will be ok.
Of course check the line transistor too ;-)

(Next time it would be better to mention the type number or the
chassis, please)

Succes!