petrus bitbyter

"simon hanlon" schreef in bericht
I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this
and now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a
couple of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the
LOPT transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and
powered it up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut
down again with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?

Apparently the fried cap did more damage but killing itself. You'll have to
find out what. The power supply tries to start but switches off due to
either an internal fault or overload (short) on the secondary. In this
particular case you'll first have to look at the part of the circuit where
the replaced capacitor resides.

BTW. You'll have to place the bulb in series with the mains, *not* in the
place of the HOT. The trick is usefull when you have a tv that blows its
fuse or when you replaced the HOT.

petrus bitbyter