simon hanlon

Default Philips TV led flashing. burnt 220pF cap

I have philips tv that stopped working. I took a look inside and found a
small ceramic 220pF 2KV capacitor had shorted and burnt. I replaced this and
now the sewt responds to the remote out of standby. It starts for a couple
of seconds then shuts down with rapid LED flashing. I removed the LOPT
transistor and connected a 60w bulb across the C and E pins and powered it
up again. The light lit for about 4 seconds then the set shut down again
with rapid flashing LED on the front panel. Any ideas anyone?