Nick

Default Panasonic fax machine- unknown error code - help please

Fax machine is Panafax UF-585
After a power outage I get an error message:
Printer error Info Code 021.
This code isn't in the manual.
Anyone know what it means, and more importantly how to fix it?
I know there are several messages in memory but I can't print them.

There are no paper blockages and the toner cart is almost new.
Have removed/replaced the cart but to no avail.
Have also powered the machine down and then turned on again. No luck.

Any help V much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick.

jakdedert

Nick wrote:
Fax machine is Panafax UF-585
After a power outage I get an error message:
Printer error Info Code 021.
This code isn't in the manual.
Anyone know what it means, and more importantly how to fix it?
I know there are several messages in memory but I can't print them.

There are no paper blockages and the toner cart is almost new.
Have removed/replaced the cart but to no avail.
Have also powered the machine down and then turned on again. No luck.

Any help V much appreciated.

That's a thorny one...knowing you have faxes in memory but can't access
them...afraid that something you do to fix will blank them out. Is the
machine one which connects to the computer, or standalone? If it connects
to the computer, you might have some possibility of reading the faxes from
the screen.

I'd google the model number and manufacturer to see if I could get some
help. I did so with my all-in-one this week when it went down, and got some
very good help.

Perhaps someone else on this forum can help. Sorry....

jak

Thanks

Nick.

Inty

"jakdedert" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .

That's a thorny one...knowing you have faxes in memory but can't access
them...afraid that something you do to fix will blank them out. Is the
machine one which connects to the computer, or standalone? If it connects
to the computer, you might have some possibility of reading the faxes from
the screen.

Read the EEPROM with an EEPROM programmer ?

I.

Inty

"Nick" ha scritto nel messaggio
Fax machine is Panafax UF-585
After a power outage I get an error message:
Printer error Info Code 021.
This code isn't in the manual.
Anyone know what it means, and more importantly how to fix it?
I know there are several messages in memory but I can't print them.

There are no paper blockages and the toner cart is almost new.
Have removed/replaced the cart but to no avail.
Have also powered the machine down and then turned on again. No luck

..021 Fuser thermistor, fuser unit, or LPC board. Solution: Replace Fuser
Unit

I.