Default Using laptop monitor to replace BARCO monitor

Hi,

I have a system which connects to BARCO monitor CD651 as display
(using BNC). I am wondering if the display breaks down and I do not
have a spare BARCO monitor, can I use a laptop screen as a stand in? My
limitation is that I cannot add additional hardware or software to the
system that support multi-monitor functions as I do not have the
authority to modify the system. My only input is the video signal that
is originally supplied to the BARCO monitor. Is there any hardware or
software available that I can install in the laptop to make it as a
secondary display? Rgds.

Wild Bill

It might be a bit more complicated if your monitor is fed by more than one
BNC cable.
If the video and sync are separate (or R-G-B and sync), you may experience
some difficulty finding a hardware interface solution.

I haven't done what you're suggesting, but I've noticed separate V & S
output connectors on Barco source input switchers (to projector) units that
I have.

Cheers
WB

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have a system which connects to BARCO monitor CD651 as display
(using BNC). I am wondering if the display breaks down and I do not
have a spare BARCO monitor, can I use a laptop screen as a stand in? My
limitation is that I cannot add additional hardware or software to the
system that support multi-monitor functions as I do not have the
authority to modify the system. My only input is the video signal that
is originally supplied to the BARCO monitor. Is there any hardware or
software available that I can install in the laptop to make it as a
secondary display? Rgds.

What BNC jacks are feeding the monitor?
R,G,B, H, and V or R,G,B, and composite H-V sync?

If it has separate H and V sync, you can buy a BNC adapter cable and
use any computer monitor that is capable of displaying the 1280x1024
resolution at the same vertical scan rates.

If it uses composite sync, you need a different adapter cable that is
more expensive and includes a sync separator.

It is not practical to try and use a laptop display for this as they
need a digital signal from the laptop motherboard.

If that is really that critical of a system that it cannot be down,
they really need to invest in buying a spare monitor for the system.
Even a good used working one will suffice, many different companies
have similar fixed frequency monitors available with bnc inputs.