Wild Bill

It might be a bit more complicated if your monitor is fed by more than one
BNC cable.
If the video and sync are separate (or R-G-B and sync), you may experience
some difficulty finding a hardware interface solution.

I haven't done what you're suggesting, but I've noticed separate V & S
output connectors on Barco source input switchers (to projector) units that
I have.

Cheers
WB

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have a system which connects to BARCO monitor CD651 as display
(using BNC). I am wondering if the display breaks down and I do not
have a spare BARCO monitor, can I use a laptop screen as a stand in? My
limitation is that I cannot add additional hardware or software to the
system that support multi-monitor functions as I do not have the
authority to modify the system. My only input is the video signal that
is originally supplied to the BARCO monitor. Is there any hardware or
software available that I can install in the laptop to make it as a
secondary display? Rgds.