Default Replacing coax in RV camper etc??

I have a few questions about re-doing some things in my parents 1980's
Wenebego RV.....

I would like to make it satelite ready & someone said I needed to put
in a diferent grade of coax... is thee a easy way to rplace the cable
withour tearing apart the walls. There are 2 wall jacks. It has an
antenna on the roof.

How could I have it work on the antenna or the satelite? Is this a huge
project?

Also... I am replacing the old cassette/am/fm radio with a cd/mp3
reciver... do I need any special brackets... how hard would it be to
put speaker in the back & wire them to the new reciever?

Thanks in advance for any help here!

tlbs

With such a short length of existing (lower grade) coax, the losses may
be acceptable to a satellite system. However, switching between a
Yagi-type antenna and the dish on the roof is more complicated than
switching inside the RV, therefore I would also recommend running a
separate coax cable to the roof for the dish.

Two separate feeds from the roof; a satellite receiver box; then use a
simple A-B RF switch with 'F' connectors at the input to the TV to
select between the satellite receiver and the Yagi-type TV antenna.

Travis Jordan

tlbs wrote:
Two separate feeds from the roof; a satellite receiver box; then use a
simple A-B RF switch with 'F' connectors at the input to the TV to
select between the satellite receiver and the Yagi-type TV antenna.

I think most satellite receivers today have a separate antenna input for
OTA reception.

extending coax cable to cable-modem Rick UK diy 15 February 23rd 05 11:44 AM
Replacing Door Frame + Door Jim M Home Repair 6 February 14th 05 05:29 PM
Replacing a radiator. Crewood UK diy 1 February 13th 05 04:33 PM
Replacing hot water cylinder. Kevin UK diy 14 June 10th 04 05:26 PM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM