GS

Default WTD: Pinout or datasheet Sanyo LC7191

As above......Been searching for a couple of weeks with no luck......just
mentions of the IC. Any of you fine packratserrrrrrrr technicians out
there have one to share? (of course techs of all types aren't packrats
are we!)

Gord

Gotta admit my best resources failed me on this one. Just for the hell
of it, do you have an ECG book ? Not the software, the book with the
datasheets, well not really detailed, but a pinout.

That number sounds familiar. From what I could glean from looking for
it, it seems to be in a series of ICs for CB radios. Can't be sure.

It just dawned on me, if you got the same basic resouces, like
datasheetarchive and such, do a search for just LC719. If an LC7190 and
7192 are listed it's a good bet what you got is REALLY similar. You
might actually find the sheet embedded in one of the sheets for an IC a
number or two down or up. If it's new, an LC sounds like a Sanyo, then
it might be available at sanyosemiconductor.com (IIRC).

JURB

PS Speaking of packrats, I got so many favorite places now that they
are impossible to manage. I never throw out a link, my spring cleaning
consists of checking them to see if they're still valid. I only delete
the ones that don't work. The file is definitely bigger than a floppy.

There are many ways to be a packrat.

Singed;
Packrat

JURB

GS

Thanks for the reply Jurb......(chuckled at the Packrat similarities). My
first looksee is in my much dog-eared ECG book......then databooks I have
then downloaded cross-ref's/databooks.......You're right about it being a
CB intended device (20 pin narrow dip). Tried the similar type thing
looking for an LC7181 but no joy there either........still looking (hobby
project only).

Gord - VE1AJF

Wild Bill

You might try emailing this guy, who was very helpful in helping me find an
obscure Whistler 900 schematic a couple of years ago.
http://www.kenselectronics.com/

I was really amazed at the level of interest in CB radio that's still
present. Some of the vintage models can have a lot of value today.

Searching online sites revealed numerous sites with all sorts of info
related to modifications and mic pinouts, etc. I wasn't particularly
interested in 400 channel mods, but the useful part was that the PLL pinouts
were often included.

I have an old CB enthusiast magazine that has an article stating that the
FCC banned (fineable offense) the sale of 23 channel radios (in the '80s I
think), and yet there are lots of 'em for sale many places. The ban was
explained as aging components in older radios causing frequency drift and
undesireable interference.

Not related to the IC you mentioned, but for several of the audio output ICs
used in CBs, there were some versions that had pinouts that were mirror
images (1 thru 9 were reversed), for different mounting situations.

Cheers
WB

"GS" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Jurb......(chuckled at the Packrat similarities). My
first looksee is in my much dog-eared ECG book......then databooks I have
then downloaded cross-ref's/databooks.......You're right about it being a
CB intended device (20 pin narrow dip). Tried the similar type thing
looking for an LC7181 but no joy there either........still looking (hobby
project only).

Gord - VE1AJF

Franc Zabkar

On Sat, 07 May 2005 20:38:12 GMT, GS put
finger to keyboard and composed:

As above......Been searching for a couple of weeks with no luck......

The only info I have is that it is a "27MHz channel selector" for CB
applications. FWIW, the LC7180, LC 7181, LC7184, and LC7190 devices
are also 20-pin 27MHz channel selectors.

- Franc Zabkar