Wild Bill

You might try emailing this guy, who was very helpful in helping me find an
obscure Whistler 900 schematic a couple of years ago.
http://www.kenselectronics.com/

I was really amazed at the level of interest in CB radio that's still
present. Some of the vintage models can have a lot of value today.

Searching online sites revealed numerous sites with all sorts of info
related to modifications and mic pinouts, etc. I wasn't particularly
interested in 400 channel mods, but the useful part was that the PLL pinouts
were often included.

I have an old CB enthusiast magazine that has an article stating that the
FCC banned (fineable offense) the sale of 23 channel radios (in the '80s I
think), and yet there are lots of 'em for sale many places. The ban was
explained as aging components in older radios causing frequency drift and
undesireable interference.

Not related to the IC you mentioned, but for several of the audio output ICs
used in CBs, there were some versions that had pinouts that were mirror
images (1 thru 9 were reversed), for different mounting situations.

Cheers
WB

"GS" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply Jurb......(chuckled at the Packrat similarities). My
first looksee is in my much dog-eared ECG book......then databooks I have
then downloaded cross-ref's/databooks.......You're right about it being a
CB intended device (20 pin narrow dip). Tried the similar type thing
looking for an LC7181 but no joy there either........still looking (hobby
project only).

Gord - VE1AJF