Default Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on

I'm a newbie and not a professional TV repair person. I have a 27-inch
sharp 27G-S60 model television that one day just stopped working
(picture wouldn't come on after hitting power button). I removed it
and put it aside. I took it to a repair shop and they said they
plugged it in and it worked fine and didn't charge me (very strange).
I used it for another 6 months or so and the same thing happened.

When you hit the power button, a click is heard but absolutely nothing
on the screen. Could the tube be busted or maybe a power supply
problem? I've also found from other posts that it could be a voltage
regulator. FYI, the set was manufactured in 1995.

Can someone point me in the direction of a schematic for this set?Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rono

Not to be rude, but if your'e a newbie, you probably
shouldn't touch it, as it can be very dangerous to touch,
even if it's been off for a while! Iv'e seen quite a few,
over the years get quite a shock from T.V.'s! But if you
have good sense, & a steady hand, try to solder the power
relay, & also the horizontal drive transformer! Please be carefull!
Rono.

Barney

"Rono" wrote in message
Not to be rude, but if your'e a newbie, you probably
shouldn't touch it, as it can be very dangerous to touch,
even if it's been off for a while! Iv'e seen quite a few,
over the years get quite a shock from T.V.'s! But if you
have good sense, & a steady hand, try to solder the power
relay, & also the horizontal drive transformer! Please be carefull!
Rono.

Good advice - particularly the first sentence, which is the only one that he
should act on.

Thanks for the advice and the concern guys. While it is true that I've
never tried to repair a TV before, I have repaired and maintained many
personal computers so I do have some electronic sense.

I'm confident that if I make an attempt at this, I will be safe. I
won't force it unless I have a clear idea of what I'm doing. That
said, your advice on soldering the power relay and the horizontal drive
transformer is great direction. Now all I need is a schematic to give
me more technical guidance. Anyone?

Thanks again for the help.

TURN OFF AIR CONDITIONING POWER Howie Home Repair 7 October 28th 04 04:29 PM
Sharp, but not scary Michael Press Woodworking 9 April 30th 04 06:23 AM
Jointer/Planer knives - How sharp should I expect Dave Rowell Woodworking 11 January 4th 04 11:36 PM
Failure to get sharp RWL Metalworking 21 October 10th 03 03:23 AM
how to tell if bit is sharp enough? Tim Simmons Woodworking 20 September 4th 03 11:26 PM