DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/102458-sharp-27g-s60-wont-turn.html)

[email protected] April 12th 05 08:09 AM

Sharp 27G-S60 won't turn on

I'm a newbie and not a professional TV repair person. I have a 27-inch
sharp 27G-S60 model television that one day just stopped working
(picture wouldn't come on after hitting power button). I removed it
and put it aside. I took it to a repair shop and they said they
plugged it in and it worked fine and didn't charge me (very strange).
I used it for another 6 months or so and the same thing happened.

When you hit the power button, a click is heard but absolutely nothing
on the screen. Could the tube be busted or maybe a power supply
problem? I've also found from other posts that it could be a voltage
regulator. FYI, the set was manufactured in 1995.

Can someone point me in the direction of a schematic for this set?Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rono April 12th 05 01:32 PM

Not to be rude, but if your'e a newbie, you probably
shouldn't touch it, as it can be very dangerous to touch,
even if it's been off for a while! Iv'e seen quite a few,
over the years get quite a shock from T.V.'s! But if you
have good sense, & a steady hand, try to solder the power
relay, & also the horizontal drive transformer! Please be carefull!
Rono.

Barney April 12th 05 04:11 PM

"Rono" wrote in message
Not to be rude, but if your'e a newbie, you probably
shouldn't touch it, as it can be very dangerous to touch,
even if it's been off for a while! Iv'e seen quite a few,
over the years get quite a shock from T.V.'s! But if you
have good sense, & a steady hand, try to solder the power
relay, & also the horizontal drive transformer! Please be carefull!
Rono.

Good advice - particularly the first sentence, which is the only one that he
should act on.

[email protected] April 12th 05 04:46 PM

Thanks for the advice and the concern guys. While it is true that I've
never tried to repair a TV before, I have repaired and maintained many
personal computers so I do have some electronic sense.

I'm confident that if I make an attempt at this, I will be safe. I
won't force it unless I have a clear idea of what I'm doing. That
said, your advice on soldering the power relay and the horizontal drive
transformer is great direction. Now all I need is a schematic to give
me more technical guidance. Anyone?

Thanks again for the help.