cl

Default Repair question

Someone asked me about this unit and it's problem. Being I've not seen the
unit yet, and really haven't fooled with DVDs or CDs much (not my area of
expertise) - I thought I'd ask the group's opinion.

It is a Sony - DVPS560D - CD/DVD player.

The owner told me it was bought brand new and has since - acted as such.

They said they played a DVD with no problem then they played a CD with no
problem...... They went to play a DVD again and it wouldn't play one. It
gave either the code of Please insert disc or it blinks C-1300. But it plays
CDs with no problem.

They said this model is supposedly not made to play home made CDs or DVDs,
and they've not tried any as such, all they've used are "commercial" items.

I asked if perhaps they weren't pushing a button, forgetting a cable hook
up, etc... they said no. As I said, I've not seen the unit to even make an
educated guess.

Your opinions as to possible cause?

Thanks,

cl

sofie

The very FIRST troubleshooting steps in any CD or DVD player is to clean the
laser lens and then verify that the laser sled moves freely, the hub is the
correct height, and that the disc is clamped properly when fully loaded.
If you are not certain how to proceed you should visit the website for this
newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of relevant information.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"cl" wrote in message
o.verio.net...
[...]

cl

I'll have to get with the owner to see when we can accomplish those things
and see what happens from there. Thanks!
It shouldn't surprise me I suppose, but it is a shame - that if the unit is
as new as I'm led to believe, that it is having problems already. Seems most
of this stuff is cheap junk anymore even if a top dollar was paid. But, that
is an opinion only based on all the other complaints I see in these groups
of relatively new stuff quitting. I don't know what this unit cost.

cl.

"sofie" wrote in message
The very FIRST troubleshooting steps in any CD or DVD player is to clean
the
laser lens and then verify that the laser sled moves freely, the hub is
the
correct height, and that the disc is clamped properly when fully loaded.
If you are not certain how to proceed you should visit the website for
this
newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of relevant
information.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair

o.verio.net...

Drywall Repair Question JJ Home Repair 3 October 6th 04 06:52 AM
Shower Drain repair question JJ Home Repair 2 September 1st 04 09:49 PM
Question shet metal repair wallster Metalworking 2 May 20th 04 04:08 PM
Magnetic Chuck Repair Question zephyr Metalworking 2 February 7th 04 06:11 AM
Gas Dryer repair question Bob A. Bui Home Repair 4 July 6th 03 05:19 AM