Bob A. Bui

Default Gas Dryer repair question

My Amana gas dryer stopped heating, and I could see the igniter wasn't
glowing. This happened a few years ago, and turned out to be a solenoid
coil, so I just went and bought the replacements and installed them.
Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the problem this time. The igniter
element has continuity, so that doesn't appear to be the problem (or is that
100% sure?).

Anyway, I switched my meter to AC voltage, and stuck the leads into the
connector for the igniter element. When I started the dryer, the voltage
jumped up to 28 volts.

My main question is this: when things are working correctly, should that
voltage to the igniter element be 120 volts?
If 28 volts is the correct amount, then I would assume the igniter is the
problem, even though it has continuity. If 28 volts is too low, is it an
indication of what part I should look at?

Thanks very much for any advice you can give.

Bob

jeff

"Bob A. Bui" wrote in message ...
[...]

Hi,

The glow coil ignitor should receive 110-120 volts AC.

If the glow coil ignitor is not comming on, bad ignitor, bad flame
sensor, no power from the dryer ( themrostats, timer, motor heat
switch ) are possible trouble makers...

http://www.applianceaid.com/gas_dryer.html
Gas dryer helps.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

tv repair question RB Electronics Repair 6 July 4th 04 05:10 AM
GE 32GT720 television repair question - color transistor Asimov Electronics Repair 3 June 25th 04 11:09 AM
Old delta 12" planer repair question..... j.duprie Woodworking 2 June 22nd 04 09:42 PM
GE TV repair question max Electronics Repair 16 July 14th 03 01:14 AM