cl

Default Repair question

Someone asked me about this unit and it's problem. Being I've not seen the
unit yet, and really haven't fooled with DVDs or CDs much (not my area of
expertise) - I thought I'd ask the group's opinion.

It is a Sony - DVPS560D - CD/DVD player.

The owner told me it was bought brand new and has since - acted as such.

They said they played a DVD with no problem then they played a CD with no
problem...... They went to play a DVD again and it wouldn't play one. It
gave either the code of Please insert disc or it blinks C-1300. But it plays
CDs with no problem.

They said this model is supposedly not made to play home made CDs or DVDs,
and they've not tried any as such, all they've used are "commercial" items.

I asked if perhaps they weren't pushing a button, forgetting a cable hook
up, etc... they said no. As I said, I've not seen the unit to even make an
educated guess.

Your opinions as to possible cause?

Thanks,

cl