Old May 12th 16, 08:51 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default I'm available for projects

I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Old May 12th 16, 09:09 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 05/12/2016 02:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Old May 12th 16, 09:11 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:09:45 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 05/12/2016 02:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson

How about writing that book I've been bugging you about?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

I ponder that, but I'm not sure I'd be good at writing... circuit
design is so easy for me I'm not sure I can explain how I do it ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance
Old May 12th 16, 10:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Start with some examples, and write them as you go along. I find that
writing or rewriting sections when I'm actually doing the task described
improves them greatly.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Old May 12th 16, 11:12 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson
Wrote in message:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

In the mid 1980s, Roland had International Rectifier design a
custom chip called the IR3R05 for their analog synthesisers. I
think it was a 14 pin package...it basically consisted of 4 OTA
stages like the Lm13700 configured as a 24 db/octave resonant low
pass filter with inputs for voltage controlled frequency and
resonance, along with a VCA with both linear and exponential
inputs, all on the chip. The 4 filter capacitors were mounted off
chip on the board.

What kind of job would it be to design a chip or maybe a
daughterboard that performed an equivalent function? These chips
often fail in vintage equipment and there seems to be a decent
sized market for replacements that dont require scrounging for
NOS or cannibalizing old units.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old May 13th 16, 12:12 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 12 May 2016 17:12:48 -0400 (EDT), bitrex
wrote:

Jim Thompson
Wrote in message:
[...]

I'm sure I could replicate the chip, but I don't do PCB layout, that's
another skillset altogether.

...Jim Thompson

Old May 13th 16, 01:03 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson
Wrote in message:
On Thu, 12 May 2016 17:12:48 -0400 (EDT), bitrex
wrote:

Jim Thompson
Wrote in message:
[...]

Good thing I've got that skillset. ; )

I wonder it the required components could be squeezed into a
daughterboard that would fit the space available. Might require
some vertical mounting hack.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old May 13th 16, 02:42 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 5/12/2016 2:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson

Jim, go buy a fishing pole.
Old May 13th 16, 02:50 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 05/12/2016 08:42 PM, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 5/12/2016 2:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson

Jim, go buy a fishing pole.

That would rather involve water. Jim lives in the outskirts of Phoenix.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs
Old May 13th 16, 03:11 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 5/12/2016 8:50 PM, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 05/12/2016 08:42 PM, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 5/12/2016 2:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I sit here bored out of my skull with nothing to do but play Solitaire
until the next project start on July 5 ;-)

I'm noted for custom Analog/Mixed-Signal Design and Spice Behavioral
Modeling, but I also do designs using off-the-shelf components.

No project is too small... I've even done one-day designs from
time-to-time.

Drop me an E-mail (*)

(*) Do not include attachments in your first E-mail... An E-mail not
matching an entry in my addressbook and with an attachment drops your
E-mail into a black hole.

...Jim Thompson

Jim, go buy a fishing pole.

That would rather involve water. Jim lives in the outskirts of Phoenix.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

He's got time to take a ride. I think you got the gist of my comment.

diy projects to do. happy zombie jebus on the cross UK diy 28 August 26th 13 12:42 PM
Two Projects Sonny Woodworking 20 February 15th 13 10:15 PM
Need some new projects? Jerome Cooper Woodworking 3 March 10th 11 02:34 AM
do all projects end like this? Nate Nagel Home Repair 35 December 5th 07 04:29 AM