Old December 1st 07, 10:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default do all projects end like this?

Today's project: replace the sink strainer in the kitchen sink (it was
of unknown - probably geriatric - age, stopper didn't seal, couldn't
find a replacement stopper to fit) along with the P-trap (was PVC, one
fitting was cracked and leaking) ended up having to get a new tailpiece
extension as well as the new strainer was shallower than the old one,
also some hose and clamps for the dishwasher drain as that looked pretty
shaggy. Ended up having to Sawzall out the old strainer assy. as it
simply would not come out of the sink. Put everything together, pat
self on back... remove old sprayer hose etc. from the sink, as it isn't
hooked to anything and looks like crap... ended up having to Sawzall
that out too, couldn't bust it loose to save my life. Total bill so far
about $80 (had to buy a strainer wrench too as I didn't have one, and
didn't have a wrench big enough to tighten the strainer nut...) girlie
washes some dishes, there's still water on the floor of the cabinet.
Crawl under, it's coming from underneath the faucet. Well, there's no
sense pulling and resealing the faucet even though it's a decent Delta
faucet, because it doesn't have the sprayer hose attachment and the
girlie wants that. To add insult to injury, was laying on my back
looking up at all this stuff and here while the sink is stainless steel,
the little rails that the clamps that hold it to the countertop clip to
are mild steel, rusted to s**t, and disintegrating. So now I'm waiting
for her to come back from wherever she's at to drag her shopping for a
new faucet AND SINK...

Do all around-the-house projects end up like this? If so, I might just
have to stop fixing stuff and start placing buckets strategically.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Old December 2nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 5:23�pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

yeah sadly jobs do grow, espically when stuff is let go or old. look
at the brite side a plumber would of likely charged 500 bucks
Old December 2nd 07, 12:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Today's project: replace the sink strainer in the kitchen sink (it was
of unknown - probably geriatric - age, stopper didn't seal, couldn't
find a replacement stopper to fit) along with the P-trap (was PVC, one
fitting was cracked and leaking) ended up having to get a new
tailpiece extension as well as the new strainer was shallower than
the old one, also some hose and clamps for the dishwasher drain as
that looked pretty shaggy.

You could have bought a drain stopper; large (5"), circular, flat piece of
rubber. About fifty cents.

Do all around-the-house projects end up like this? If so, I might
just have to stop fixing stuff and start placing buckets
strategically.

Yes.

I don't know about buckets, but I did once see this bit graffiti:

Differences between Univ of Michigan girls and toilet seats:
1. Toilet seats always go down for you.
2. Holes in toilet seats don't get stretched out.
3. You can get used to the looks of a toilet seat.
4. You can talk to a toilet seat.
5. You don't have to kiss a toilet seat to use it.
6. Toilet seats take a lot of **** without complaining.

Old December 2nd 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

In the long run it'll probably be cheaper to replace the girlie. I
doubt a dog will care if you have a strainer, stopper or sprayer. ;-)
Old December 2nd 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:

[...]

Be more charitable next time - help support your local plumber )

Old December 2nd 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

female really wants a new kitchen, its only a matter of time
Old December 2nd 07, 02:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 2:23 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
[...]

Consider yourself fortunate if it stops there. There have been cases
where it progressed to replacing the house.

Harry K
Old December 2nd 07, 02:39 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Harry K wrote:
[...]

Houses are cheap. Women who will let you live inside are priceless....

aem sends...
Old December 2nd 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
[...]

A dog ain't as much fun to have around. (Leastways, I hope not...)

aem sends...
Old December 2nd 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Nate Nagel" wrote
[...]

===
It's because you called her "girlie." Chicks hate that. She cursed you.