Junior Member

Default simplest possible rf amp

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that works. Cheers Peter
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

Probably a MMIC, like a MiniCircuits ERA series, or one of the SOT89
parts for higher power.

All that needs is an input capacitor, and output capacitor, and a
pullup resistor to a positive power supply. 4 parts. Expect numbers
like 20 dB gain from LF to several GHz.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

Probably a MMIC, like a MiniCircuits ERA series, or one of the SOT89
parts for higher power.

All that needs is an input capacitor, and output capacitor, and a
pullup resistor to a positive power supply. 4 parts. Expect numbers
like 20 dB gain from LF to several GHz.

What became of the good old MAR8 ?

Another alternative is a DG MOSFET, with a RFC drain load the second gate
can be used as a gain control.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"resurgence2012" schreef in bericht

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

--
resurgence2012

What about a good old ECC85?

petrus bitbyter

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

Do you mean a linear RF PA?

RL

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

If you are looking for an RF pre amp to help on receiving, the MPF 102
has always been great.
http://nuclear.ucdavis.edu/~cebra/cl...116/MPF102.pdf

If you are looking for something to boost a transmitter and don't want
to bother with quality, I wish you the worst of luck!

wrote:

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

John Ferrell W8CCW

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"petrus bitbyter" wrote in message
l.nl...

"resurgence2012" schreef in bericht

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

--
resurgence2012

What about a good old ECC85?

Might be easier to get an '88 from that old boatanchor scope gathering dust
in the corner.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

That was a little harsh. The problem with sloppy power amps is that
they cause every one trouble, including the neighbors!

wrote:

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

John Ferrell W8CCW

John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?

--
Regards,

John Byrns

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Byrns" wrote in message
In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?

Its quite tricky and tends to let the vacuum out.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?

John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?

John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:
On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something
that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?

John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...

....not married?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 21/8/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:
On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something
that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do it?
John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...

...not married?

Married RF transistors are known to cause resonance issues, leaks, and
are always incorrectly biased, usually ending up in courts. I'd stick to
single RF amps.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jalil - Natural Systems" wrote in message
On 21/8/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:
On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something
that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do
it?
John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...

...not married?

Married RF transistors are known to cause resonance issues, leaks, and are
always incorrectly biased, usually ending up in courts. I'd stick to
single RF amps.

What do gay RF transistors get up to?!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:44:07 +0100 "Ian Field"
wrote in Message id:
:

"Jalil - Natural Systems" wrote in message
On 21/8/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:
On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something
that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do
it?
John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...
...not married?

Married RF transistors are known to cause resonance issues, leaks, and are
always incorrectly biased, usually ending up in courts. I'd stick to
single RF amps.

What do gay RF transistors get up to?!

A few Gigglehertz?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...

Really? Early RF transistors were barely good over the AM BCB
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field wrote:

What do gay RF transistors get up to?!

Why would you even want to know?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote in Message id:
:

"Jalil - Natural Systems" wrote in message
On 21/8/2012 2:47 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:
On 6/8/2012 6:55 AM, John Ferrell wrote:
Takes a Pair!
On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:27:51 -0500, John Byrns
wrote:

In article ,
RST Engineering wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 02:15:08 +0000, resurgence2012
wrote:

A cascode 6J6?

Jim

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something
that
works. Cheers Peter

A cascode 6J6 would be a neat trick, I would like to see how you do
it?
John Ferrell W8CCW

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...
...not married?

Married RF transistors are known to cause resonance issues, leaks, and
are
always incorrectly biased, usually ending up in courts. I'd stick to
single RF amps.

What do gay RF transistors get up to?!

A few Gigglehertz?

In cascode it depends which one gets on top.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jalil - Natural Systems wrote:

Any single RF transistor will do just fine...

Really? Early RF transistors were barely good over the AM BCB

Didn't say they were good. Said they will do just fine, for the quick
and dirty amplification, to boost the 100MHz. neighbours conversations.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 8/2/2012 9:15 PM, resurgence2012 wrote:
Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

Wouldn't it be nice if the OP would check in?
Mikek

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Grumpy wrote:

It would be nice to know what power you looking for and what actual frequency you attend to use it at???

"resurgence2012" wrote in message ...

Hi - I am looking for a circuit diagram for the absolute simpleat
possible rf amP that can go up to about 100Mhz - can anyone help
please. Not looking fir quality - just the bare bones of something that
works. Cheers Peter

Why the hell are so many people suddenly replying to three month old
messages?