Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

Default Where's this cable used for?

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this Amphenol
T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an ancient
looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose. Apparently
I found the connector but though googling around for quite some time, I did
find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of this
connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

Attached Images
File Type: jpg T3401.jpg (7.8 KB, 26 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:41:07 +0200, petrus bitbyter wrote:

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an
ancient looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently I found the connector but though googling around for quite
some time, I did find neither a cable assembly nor the original
application of this connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

Screw locking 6-pin DIN 270 degree cable socket? I suppose you could use
one for anything that might use up to 5 signal lines +earth. RS
components still do a range of this type, but I don't think they do a 6-
pin.

FUs trimmed

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

"flipper" schreef in bericht
wrote:

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol
T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an ancient
looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently
I found the connector but though googling around for quite some time, I
did
find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of this
connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

One of the Amphenol C091A family

http://www.qscomp.cz/Pdf/C091%20A-B-D.pdf

I know that one. But what is it use for and where can I buy an assembled
cable?

thanks anyway

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

"petrus bitbyter" wrote in message
l.nl...
So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an
ancient looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently I found the connector but though googling around for quite some
time, I did find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of
this connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

Most likely from a studio quality reel to reel.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

petrus bitbyter wrote:

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this Amphenol
T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an ancient
looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose. Apparently
I found the connector but though googling around for quite some time, I did
find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of this
connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

That can be used in a variety of things.. Most likely very low R.F. down
to DC.
Encoders, Load Cells, strain gauge, audio or just a simply quick
connect to a low current device.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

"flipper" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:47:26 +0200, "petrus bitbyter"
wrote:

"flipper" schreef in bericht
. ..
wrote:

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol
T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an ancient
looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently
I found the connector but though googling around for quite some time, I
did
find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of this
connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

One of the Amphenol C091A family

http://www.qscomp.cz/Pdf/C091%20A-B-D.pdf

I know that one. But what is it use for and where can I buy an assembled
cable?

I provided that one because it gives application information.

"The C 091 Series connectors are used in a wide variety of industries
and equipment. Some of these include industrial machines and controls,
data processing, instrumentation and test equipment, medical devices,
telecommunication's network and equipment, plus outdoor and marine
applications."

It is also rated IP-65

It is not 'made for one thing'.

I don't know, off hand, who could make a cable for you but you'd have
to specify the cable as well.

thanks anyway

petrus bitbyter

Thanks again.

petrus bitbyter

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components

"petrus bitbyter" wrote in message
l.nl...
So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an
ancient looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently I found the connector but though googling around for quite some
time, I did find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of
this connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

Our company did a lot of work for/with the Carl Zeiss organization. They
used these connectors quite a bit in their scientific, electronic and
medical equipment. The connectors were originally a German branch of
Amphenol. We bought them through Sennheiser though wasn't sure if that was
just the importer. They are also known as Tuchel Electronics. I believe that
Fischer Electronics (also German) made equivalents.

The molded cables were manufactured in bulk and were generally custom built.
Our organization never had the quantities to justify such. We used the
simple solder/strain relief/rubber boot types.
Oppie