Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.components
petrus bitbyter[_2_] petrus bitbyter[_2_] is offline

Default Where's this cable used for?

"flipper" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:47:26 +0200, "petrus bitbyter"
wrote:

"flipper" schreef in bericht
. ..
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 12:41:07 +0200, "petrus bitbyter"
wrote:

So a ran into a demolished cable that once had at last one of this
Amphenol
T3401 sockets. It's used now for some obscure connections in an ancient
looking installation but I'm sure it's not its original purpose.
Apparently
I found the connector but though googling around for quite some time, I
did
find neither a cable assembly nor the original application of this
connector. Can anyone tell more about this thing?

petrus bitbyter

One of the Amphenol C091A family

http://www.qscomp.cz/Pdf/C091%20A-B-D.pdf

I know that one. But what is it use for and where can I buy an assembled
cable?

I provided that one because it gives application information.

"The C 091 Series connectors are used in a wide variety of industries
and equipment. Some of these include industrial machines and controls,
data processing, instrumentation and test equipment, medical devices,
telecommunication's network and equipment, plus outdoor and marine
applications."

It is also rated IP-65

It is not 'made for one thing'.

I don't know, off hand, who could make a cable for you but you'd have
to specify the cable as well.

thanks anyway

petrus bitbyter

Thanks again.