Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default ftp site worth a nosey - some ham stuff & datasheets etc.

ftp.qrz.ru

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I'm still downloading - maybe there's a limit to the number of connections.

Its worth trying again later - there's consumer electronics s/manuals as
well.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of the
pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way back to the
url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory trees like
Filezilla does with an ftp ?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of the
pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way back to
the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory trees
like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Its still unavailable. I'll try later.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of the
pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way back to
the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory trees
like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Its still unavailable. I'll try later.

My PC auto-rebooted (as it occasionally does!) and I had trouble
re-connecting, keep trying - you'll get in eventually.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:
"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of the
pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way back to the
url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory trees like
Filezilla does with an ftp ?

Open the url in (gasp) explorer(NOT IE) and you can do drag an drop.
It opens the site as a disk page.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of
the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way
back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Its still unavailable. I'll try later.

My PC auto-rebooted (as it occasionally does!) and I had trouble
re-connecting, keep trying - you'll get in eventually.

Yes I did get in. It seems that there is a low limit to the number of
users and bandwidth. I also found some of my stuff on there. :-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of
the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way
back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Its still unavailable. I'll try later.

My PC auto-rebooted (as it occasionally does!) and I had trouble
re-connecting, keep trying - you'll get in eventually.

Yes I did get in. It seems that there is a low limit to the number of
users and bandwidth. I also found some of my stuff on there. :-)

Seems to be a site under construction with "honey to attract bee's" to test
it.

Last night I got about 4k files queued but the server stopped responding
after about 2k files. Today I logged on and queued at least 8k files.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ian field" wrote in message

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of
the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way
back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one
of the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the
way back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Me !

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

Duno..
I've never bothered using wget, other than at a command line. I belive
it can integrate with Konquerer.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one
of the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the
way back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Me !

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

Duno..
I've never bothered using wget, other than at a command line. I belive
it can integrate with Konquerer.

Allegedly its supposed to integratw into Firefox but I can't see any
evidence of it having done so.

There is a GUI add on called Winwget, but I still can't figure out how to
get it leech a whole folder tree on a website like Filezilla does with an
ftp site.

With a bit of searching I found FDM which has the intuitive HTML spider
under the toolbar - I'm trying it out on the sm0vpo datasheet site but it
seems a little slow.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:48:40 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of
the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way
back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

Suse? Yast.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one
of the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all
the way back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Me !

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

Duno..
I've never bothered using wget, other than at a command line. I
belive it can integrate with Konquerer.

Allegedly its supposed to integrate into Firefox but I can't see any
evidence of it having done so.

There is a GUI add on called Winwget, but I still can't figure out how
to get it leech a whole folder tree on a website like Filezilla does
with an ftp site.

With a bit of searching I found FDM which has the intuitive HTML
spider under the toolbar - I'm trying it out on the sm0vpo datasheet
site but it seems a little slow.

Err, I've no idea about Winwget, I've never used it.
As far as wget is concerned you just give it the web site address and
tell it how many levels to leech.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
[...]

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:00:11 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:46:12 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Still trying to do it with winwget?

Try it from a Linux Live boot CD or DVD.

OR read up on winwget. Could be internet settings issues as well.
The layers are managed differently in Billyware.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to
get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

A common one for me is :-
$ wget -v -nc -p -np http://Put URL here.

It might pay you to have a look at the man page for wget.

"Man wget(1)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able
to get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

It might pay to have a look at "Robots.txt" ! The site may have limited
what you can leech. Just getting the index is a symptom of that.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Archimedes' Lever Inscribed thus:

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able
to get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Still trying to do it with winwget?

Try it from a Linux Live boot CD or DVD.

OR read up on winwget. Could be internet settings issues as well.
The layers are managed differently in Billyware.

I thought I'd made it quite clear in my original post, when I
mentioned "wget" that I was not talking M$ Wins.

Archimedes.. I like the "Billyware" bit... :-)
Windows just doesn't quite cut the mustard.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to
get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Wget has some nice features for like for maintaining a site mirror and
resuming on shaky connections, to name a couple, but if you just want
to leach some directories I'm wondering why you don't put the URL in
Explorer and then drag-drop the directories you want onto your hard
drive.

Tried that - all it does is save index.html to the local directory.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field Inscribed thus:

wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able
to get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

It might pay to have a look at "Robots.txt" ! The site may have limited
what you can leech. Just getting the index is a symptom of that.

If that's the case FDM has beaten it, but I had to leave it running
overnight it was so slow.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:50:10 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

ian field Inscribed thus:

wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able
to get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

It might pay to have a look at "Robots.txt" ! The site may have limited
what you can leech. Just getting the index is a symptom of that.

If that's the case FDM has beaten it, but I had to leave it running
overnight it was so slow.

Bit torrents for large files or archives.

I was getting 649 kB/s yesterday on one stream while DLing some Dvorak
from Usenet binary groups, and feeding back about 70kB/s. Yes, that is a
big B.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message
> [...]

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Hi Ian,
ian field Inscribed thus:

ftp.qrz.ru

All I get is "Server Unavailable" ! Maybe its down. :-(

Try:

http://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/

That's where I got the ftp url, in fact IE is still open on one of
the pages, and I was able to click "parent directory" all the way
back to the url I just posted.

Is there something better than DAP for leeching whole directory
trees like Filezilla does with an ftp ?

I use "wget" "OpenSuSE 11.1 KDE3.5.10"

Who posted this reply?

Does Wget not have a GUI ?

I get 1.2 MB/s from a browser hit on the 2nd ftp address above.

That is on a 648MB avi file, and hey... pretty nice stuff. The photos
of the rapids at Koksu and the river basin photos are pretty cool. We'll
see what this video has on it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:30:17 -0500, flipper wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:48:27 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

m...
wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to
get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Wget has some nice features for like for maintaining a site mirror and
resuming on shaky connections, to name a couple, but if you just want
to leach some directories I'm wondering why you don't put the URL in
Explorer and then drag-drop the directories you want onto your hard
drive.

Tried that - all it does is save index.html to the local directory.

Which directory? Because I tried it before posting and got everything
in the directory I copied. It was a small one for testing purposes,
though: ftp://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/soft/

Just drug it to the desktop and voile.

How are you adding the site to Windows Explorer?

He SAID that he is using the CLI version of wget itself!

There is no 'explorer'.

BTW, 'voile' is a fabric.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:48:27 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able to
get
it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

Wget has some nice features for like for maintaining a site mirror and
resuming on shaky connections, to name a couple, but if you just want
to leach some directories I'm wondering why you don't put the URL in
Explorer and then drag-drop the directories you want onto your hard
drive.

Tried that - all it does is save index.html to the local directory.

Which directory? Because I tried it before posting and got everything
in the directory I copied. It was a small one for testing purposes,
though: ftp://ftp.qrz.ru/pub/soft/

That's an ftp site which Filezilla handles very nicely, I've also dragged
and dropped ftp in explorer before, but it don't work with HTML.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:25:44 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:48:27 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

m...

news:7ol016hjbj86ssc9sc81omb3d2er153nup@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

It's the same site so now I don't understand what you're trying to do.

The same thing, but with a website of HTML folders full of datasheets.