Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Archimedes' Lever Archimedes' Lever is offline

Default ftp site worth a nosey - some ham stuff & datasheets etc.

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:50:10 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"baron" wrote in message
ian field Inscribed thus:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 21:00:11 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

AIUI Winwget is simply a GUI front end for Wget, all I've been able
to get it to download is "index.html".

What would be a typical example command line for Wget ?

http://planet.admon.org/howto/common...sage-examples/

Thanks - but I still can't get the 'kin thing to work!

It might pay to have a look at "Robots.txt" ! The site may have limited
what you can leech. Just getting the index is a symptom of that.

If that's the case FDM has beaten it, but I had to leave it running
overnight it was so slow.

Bit torrents for large files or archives.

I was getting 649 kB/s yesterday on one stream while DLing some Dvorak
from Usenet binary groups, and feeding back about 70kB/s. Yes, that is a
big B.