Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Coming Soon to Your State...

In message , Jim Thompson
writes

You didn't note my calculation of $5.25/month for a plasma set, based
on my usage of 3.5 hours per day?

No, I didn't. 3.5 hours a day seems very low, I bet it's more like 10
for most homes if not more.

Hardly an amount I would even notice...

True, but you're not exactly a typical home owner, you know what a watt
is....

My electric bill dropped from $601/mo to $325/mo this past bill... it
got cool here in Arizona ;-)

...Jim Thompson

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In message , Jim Thompson
writes

Do you Brits actually think we care what you think?

Nope, not in the slightest (which works both ways BTW) but we do have a
sense of humour...

...Jim Thompson

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Clint Sharp wrote:

Nope, not in the slightest (which works both ways BTW) but we do have a
sense of humour...

Too bad that they rarely show it.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Clint Sharp wrote:

Nope, not in the slightest (which works both ways BTW) but we do have a
sense of humour...

Too bad that they rarely show it.

More often than in the US.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:

Governments should build roads and run police and fire departments...
and leave the marketplace to make such decisions.

Why do we need the government to run fire departments?

I thought (parts of?) Arizona had fire departments that were
run and paid for by fire insurance.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 02:32:55 -0600,
(Hal Murray) wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:

Governments should build roads and run police and fire departments...
and leave the marketplace to make such decisions.

Why do we need the government to run fire departments?

I thought (parts of?) Arizona had fire departments that were
run and paid for by fire insurance.

Indeed! RuralMetro company. But they were cherry-picking areas, and
refusing to service even across a street.

In one instance they let a Jack-in-the-Box burn to the ground along
Scottsdale Road, because it was in Phoenix and not in Scottsdale, even
though their station was just across the street.

Hal, Why do you have "Followup-To: _empty_entry_ " set? "Reply-to"
ends up with an empty Newsgroup....

Your headers...

From:
(Hal Murray)
Subject: Coming Soon to Your State...
Newsgroups:
sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.ele ctronic,sci.electronics.cad

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| E-mail Icon at
http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson writes:

Governments should build roads and run police and fire departments... and
leave the marketplace to make such decisions.

Why do we need the government to run fire departments?

I thought (parts of?) Arizona had fire departments that were run and paid
for by fire insurance.

We could get along with about ten percent of the cops we've already got if
we would simply call off the insane war on drugs.

Cheers!
Rich