Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default relay coil inductance

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:39:05 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:43:08 -0400, Jamie
wrote:

Pomegranate ******* wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:10:36 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:12:12 -0700, life imitates life
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:27:12 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:05:27 -0700, life imitates life
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:53:47 +0100, Pomegranate *******
wrote:

The relay will drop out only when the coil current falls below the
hold-in current. Any suppression method allows the coil current to
gradually decay to zero and must lengthen the drop-out time.

Wrong. You're an idiot. A diode does NOTHING to reduce current via some
gradual decay, you dumb****.

It is a surge device, It eats the entire current, at its maximum rate.

That is not decay, you stupid ****.

The relay coil would drop out immediately by your retarded definition
because the current is removed instantly in most wave forms from the
drivers. The diode clamps the collapsing field's spike. That spike has
no energy to provide the coil with anything that keeps the latch plate on
it.

So you not only know nothing about the "inductive circuit", you also
know nothing about the mechanical operation of the relay assembly either.

Your wrongness is becoming a work of art. Nobody could be this
consistently wrong by mere chance.

The Fujitsu small telecom-type relays that we use have about a 3:1
dropout time ratio, as measured at the contacts, for diode clamped
versus unclamped coil drive respectively.

Try it on some real relays yourself.

John

Give the numbers, asshole, not your "about" ratio.

How many milliseconds?

Note that if the numbers for 3.3 V relays show significantly faster
performance than those 12V numbers that were given showed, all this crap
discussion is moot because it no longer matters, as all methods are fast
enough.

The coil voltage won't affect armature speed for a given relay type,
except that the diode clamp voltage to coil voltage ratio will affect
dropout if you're diode clamping: 0.7 volts is a bigger fraction of
3.3 than it is a fraction of 12.

I suggested that *you* try it, to see if a clamp diode changes dropout
time; you seem to be saying that it doesn't. I'm sure not going to set
up an experimant to prove anything to you; you wouldn't believe me if
I did, or you'd find a way to weasel.

John

He wouldn't know where to start. Besides, to try it for himself, he'd
need some equipment. He wouldn't get far with his broom.

Wait, He made have a degree in this field. No Equipment needed, just
sit back put a happy smile on, knowing every one below him will do his
work so that he can take credit for it.

I'll bet that I spent more time researching in the lab, at the bench,
on a breadboard with relays and relay circuits in the last ten years than
you have, you mouthy little *******.

That MUST be a lie, given how little you know about relays.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

[...]

I probably have more electronic test gear than you do.

All the gear - no idea.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

"life imitates life"
wrote in message ...
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:01:59 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

And you... all the mouth - no truth.

**** off, you little clueless *******.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 20:07:19 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

I do not have any because I make sure my ass is clean after I excrete
from it.

You, on the other hand, ARE a dingleberry.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

I do not have any because I make sure my ass is clean after I excrete
from it.

You, on the other hand, ARE a dingleberry.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

I do not have any because I make sure my ass is clean after I excrete
from it.

Pity you don't do the same with your gob when you excrete from that.

You, on the other hand, ARE a dingleberry.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

Light your farts - the orange sparks are dingleberries burning up in the
flame.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news
On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

Light your farts - the orange sparks are dingleberries burning up in the
flame.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

ian field wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

Light your farts - the orange sparks are dingleberries burning up in the
flame.

If he did that there would be nothing left to do, but to call the
fire department and coroner.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:44:17 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

Jim designs custom IC's,

All IC designs are "custom". Duh!

And, Jim designs them, with the help of some of the members
here at A.B.S.E., and I imagine some of the students at the
University. ;-))) ( ducking )

Bill

Where are your relay coil driver stimulus release spike abatement ideas
at then, asswipe (slings **** your way)? I fart in your direct
direction!

Did your dingleberries jangle when you farted?

More proof of your utter stupidity.

I never have dingleberries, and you apparently do not even know what
the word means.

It is the little **** balls that cling to your ass.

Light your farts - the orange sparks are dingleberries burning up in the
flame.

Wrong again, dip****. The dumb****tards that told you that was what it
meant are even more retarded than you are.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:44:17 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:50:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

ian field wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Jeez if you were any more immature, you would spout off with something
totally retarded to his totally retarded remarks. Oh... that's right...
That IS what you just did.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:50:47 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

ian field wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"life imitates life" wrote in
message news On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 23:16:06 -0400, "Garberstreet Electronics"