Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Shoulder Tripod??

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

How about a monopod?

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:28:52 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Does your isp block access to google? :-)

If you enter

shoulder mount camera
or
shoulder brace camera

you'll get lots of hits ranging from diy made from plumbing fittings,
to units costing hundreds.

--
Regards
Malcolm

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:17:13 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

How about a monopod?

Just bought one, which will do me until I figure out a better
solution.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Jim... Why are you holding at arms lengh? Would you not hold as any camera?
Warren

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Does your isp block access to google? :-)

No. I google all the time.

If you enter

shoulder mount camera
or
shoulder brace camera

you'll get lots of hits ranging from diy made from plumbing fittings,
to units costing hundreds.

Yep, Success at googling is strictly from picking/lucking-out with the
right choice of wording ;-)

From "shoulder tripod" I got a number of hits, but none as nice (and
appropriate) as with yours.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 18:26:02 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Jim... Why are you holding at arms lengh? Would you not hold as any camera?
Warren

Moving grandchildren are hard to follow when your eye is glued to a
viewfinder.

This camera has a nice flip-out LCD screen, which means the camera is
about a foot out in front of my face. Think arm position and how that
can ache after an hour in that position :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

From "shoulder tripod" I got a number of hits, but none as nice (and
appropriate) as with yours.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Also, google for "Steadicam" - that's the trade name for the
professional version, but that search has cheaper units - one costing
$14, apparently...

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Back when I was video-capturing my children I had a big-ass VHS
camcorder that rested on my shoulder. Manageable easily for an hour
without tiring.

Now I have a little Canon with swing out view screen.

Gets very tiring to hold at arm's length... especially during an
8-year-old granddaughter's birthday party ;-)

Is there such a thing as a "shoulder tripod" to assist with this?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Try B&H photo, This one seems to fit the request.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/150488-REG/Cullmann_CU_3090_3090_Travelpod.html

But I would get a mono Manfrotto with a ball head... ( I already have a
monopod with out a head)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&ci=0&sb=bs%2Cupper%28ds% 29&sq=asc&sortDrop=Brand%3A+A+to+Z&ac=&bsi=&bhs=t& ci=397&shs=&at=Brand_Manfrotto+by+Bogen+Imaging&ba sicSubmit=Submit+Query

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"WW"

Jim... Why are you holding at arms lengh?

** Cos that is the distance needed for his eyes to focus on the LCD image -
****wit.

Would you not hold as any camera?

** Cos it is not "any " camera - ****wit.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:36:39 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Something like this is what I have in mind...

http://www.mitcorp.com/public/view_i...HDV-camcorders

(:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

"One experiment is worth a thousand expert opinions."

-Wernher von Braun
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Try B&H photo, This one seems to fit the request.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/150488-REG/Cullmann_CU_3090_3090_Travelpod.html

But I would get a mono Manfrotto with a ball head... ( I already have a
monopod with out a head)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=search&A=search&Q=&ci=0&sb=bs%2Cupper%28ds% 29&sq=asc&sortDrop=Brand%3A+A+to+Z&ac=&bsi=&bhs=t& ci=397&shs=&at=Brand_Manfrotto+by+Bogen+Imaging&ba sicSubmit=Submit+Query

Cheers

Something like this is what I have in mind...

http://www.mitcorp.com/public/view_i...HDV-camcorders

(:-)

...Jim Thompson

Nah, get this one:
http://www.mitcorp.com/public/view_i...-4000-pro-sled)

I wonder if that babe comes included? At this price she should be