Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Stanley Tripod Flashlight

Any body got one of these?

I received the Stanley Tripod Flashlight (model 95-112) as a late
holiday president and fired it up yesterday for the first time. It has
6 LED bulbs and uses up to 9 AA batteries. You can switch on 1, 2 or
all 6 lamps.

Well I put in the 9 batteries (all new), stood in the dark and switched
on all 6 lamps. In my opinion, the light output is pitiful. Most of
my ordinary flashlights are better.

So, is it just me, or did I get a bad one? Does anyone else have one
of these? What is your opinion/experience?

Thanks,

Bill Leonhardt

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill Leonhardt" wrote in message
ps.com...
Any body got one of these?

I received the Stanley Tripod Flashlight (model 95-112) as a late
holiday president and fired it up yesterday for the first time. It has
6 LED bulbs and uses up to 9 AA batteries. You can switch on 1, 2 or
all 6 lamps.

Well I put in the 9 batteries (all new), stood in the dark and switched
on all 6 lamps. In my opinion, the light output is pitiful. Most of
my ordinary flashlights are better.

So, is it just me, or did I get a bad one? Does anyone else have one
of these? What is your opinion/experience?

IMHO LED's get toooooo much recognition. For now, they are simply less
effective when used in a flash light. They are pathetic when it come to
casting a light on something although they are great for signal lights. I
have seen several LED flash lights that perform poorly when compared to a
regular incandescent flash light.

The only advantage is that they last a long time and use less electricity,
but if you cannot see....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Jan 2007 06:15:51 -0800, "Bill Leonhardt"
wrote:

Any body got one of these?

I received the Stanley Tripod Flashlight (model 95-112) as a late
holiday president and fired it up yesterday for the first time. It has
6 LED bulbs and uses up to 9 AA batteries. You can switch on 1, 2 or
all 6 lamps.

Well I put in the 9 batteries (all new), stood in the dark and switched
on all 6 lamps. In my opinion, the light output is pitiful. Most of
my ordinary flashlights are better.

So, is it just me, or did I get a bad one? Does anyone else have one
of these? What is your opinion/experience?

There's a review of it at
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/stanley_max-t.htm. There
are comparison charts on that site--with all six LEDs going on fresh
batteries it should be more or less comparable to a mini-maglite.

LED flashlights generally aren't bright--their strengths are the
evenness of the illumination, longevity, and battery life--with 9
batteries in it that Stanley should run for days on one LED.

Use it for a while and I think it will grow on you--first time I tried
an LED flashlight I was hooked, but I still keep a fairly powerful
incandescent for those situations in which I really need brightness or
a long reach.

Thanks,

Bill Leonhardt

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Bill Leonhardt" wrote in message

snip
So, is it just me, or did I get a bad one? Does anyone else have one
of these? What is your opinion/experience?

IMHO LED's get toooooo much recognition. For now, they are simply less
effective when used in a flash light. They are pathetic when it come to
casting a light on something although they are great for signal lights. I
have seen several LED flash lights that perform poorly when compared to a
regular incandescent flash light.

The only advantage is that they last a long time and use less electricity,
but if you cannot see....

I bought a little 3 AAA cell flashlight with a 2 watt LED. It is about
the same
as a two AA cell Mag Light. So I got a 2 AA cell MagLight with a 3 watt
LED. Cannot
tell the difference between it and the other with a regular bulb, other
than the batteries last at least twice as long. It focuses just like a
regular MagLight.

Then I got a replacement LED Bulb for my large MagLight with good
results. Two savings are longer battery life and indefinite bulb life.
If you have ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to
bring a spare you know what I mean.

Now the lights with 3-9 small leds are toys.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

An aquarium is interactive television
for cats.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote

If you have ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to
bring a spare you know what I mean.

I just got this strong visual of an advertising campaign with this salt of
the earth coon hunter standing there with his dogs and guns, holding up a
LED flashlight.

Something along the lines of, "Even us old time coon hunters can embrace a
new technology". Which would be followed by sipping a strong, clear liquid
from an old mason jar.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
om...

Then I got a replacement LED Bulb for my large MagLight with good results.
Two savings are longer battery life and indefinite bulb life. If you have
ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to bring a spare
you know what I mean.

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17/01/2007 9:15 AM, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

I received the Stanley Tripod Flashlight (model 95-112) as a late
holiday president and fired it up yesterday for the first time. It has
6 LED bulbs and uses up to 9 AA batteries. You can switch on 1, 2 or
all 6 lamps.

Well I put in the 9 batteries (all new), stood in the dark and switched
on all 6 lamps. In my opinion, the light output is pitiful. Most of
my ordinary flashlights are better.

So, is it just me, or did I get a bad one? Does anyone else have one
of these? What is your opinion/experience?

There are good LED flashlights but they're pricey. I've got a Surefire
E2L that's rated at 30 lumens output. In contrast a stock mini-mag 2AA
light is less than 6. Nice thing about Surefire (and others) is they're
powered by lightweight lithium 123 batteries with very long shelf-life
and good run-time.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
om...

Then I got a replacement LED Bulb for my large MagLight with good
results. Two savings are longer battery life and indefinite bulb life. If
you have ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to bring
a spare you know what I mean.

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

I've seen them at Home Depot.

Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

| Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

If you have an Interstate Battery outlet nearby, they have 'em.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Gerald Ross" wrote

If you have ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to
bring a spare you know what I mean.

I just got this strong visual of an advertising campaign with this salt of
the earth coon hunter standing there with his dogs and guns, holding up a
LED flashlight.

Something along the lines of, "Even us old time coon hunters can embrace a
new technology". Which would be followed by sipping a strong, clear liquid
from an old mason jar.

Don't knock it. I've sipped some that was just like vodka.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

An aquarium is interactive television
for cats.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

I wasn't even aware of the upgrade until my SIL upgraded both of my Maglites
while he was here back in Nov.

IIRC, he got the LED kits at Academy here in Houston. I might have also seen
them at HD recently .... worth a call.

He also put the back "push button" upgrade in my smaller AA model ... no
longer twist the cap to turn it on, just press the button that replaced the
back cap for the battery compartment.

I was a bit reluctant about the LED bulb in my larger 3 Cell Mag, but are
both actually much brighter than the bulbs they replaced ... a recommended
upgrade, IME

SIL also told me that in UK/EU, the kits for both, as well as spare parts
for Maglites, are readily available but cost more than the flashlights
themselves here in the US, so it's cheaper to buy a new one here than the
spare parts ... AAMOF, every time he comes over, he goes back with a dozen
or so for his mates ... this is usually before he goes into "leatherman
mode" ... he brings an extra suitcase for those.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

Not worth it IMHO. The LED torches using better LEDs designed
especially for torches and with suitable reflectors built in beat the
pants off any converted twin AA Maglite I've seen.

If you aren't convinced by LED torches yet, just try a Surefire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

IMHO LED's get toooooo much recognition. For now, they are simply less
effective when used in a flash light. They are pathetic when it come to
casting a light on something although they are great for signal lights. I
have seen several LED flash lights that perform poorly when compared to a
regular incandescent flash light.

Depends on the LED.

I have an LED aviation flashlight, LED bicycle lamps, and an LED strobes
on my airplanes that kick serious ass. The aviation flashlight is TOO
BRIGHT for cockpit use, with a single LED and (2) AAA cells, so I have
tape over the face of it. It makes a 2xAA cell MagLite look like an
antique, not to mention 10 times the battery life.

The LED strobes are "insanely" bright, and current biz-jets and small
aircraft come factory equipped with LED markers and strobes.

My red/blue/green/white flashlight was $50, and the Whelan Engineering
tail strobe was $600. Think of that, then think of Stanley as a brand.
What level of LED quality do you think Stanley would spec? Then
realize that the Stanley flashlight retails for about $25. G

Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
et...
Leon wrote:

[...]

I'll have to check out the better bulbs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Not worth it IMHO. The LED torches using better LEDs designed
especially for torches and with suitable reflectors built in beat the
pants off any converted twin AA Maglite I've seen.

If you aren't convinced by LED torches yet, just try a Surefire.

Have one that stays in the studio ... impressive, and you would expect it to
be at about ten times the cost (less than $10) of an "LED upgrade kit" for a
MagLite here in the US.

With the "Nite Ize" upgrade kit for the MagLite, the made for flashlights
LED and a "suitable" reflector are included ... you could not do the
conversion otherwise.

While not a Surefire, my bet is that a $10 upgrade to a tool that you
already own, and that improves bulb performance/life, provides longer
battery life, and lets you use weak batteries recycled from other equipment,
will probably be considered "worth it" by those who do it.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

I'll have to check out the better bulbs.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...ct=clnk&cd= 1

.... watch the wrap.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gerald Ross wrote:

Don't knock it. I've sipped some that was just like vodka.

Had a room mate in college who had a job at a pharmacy.

Periodically he came home with a quart of 190 proof grain-ethyl.

Also, way back then, the state run liquor stores sold it.

Cut it 1:1 with distilled water and you had 100 proof vodka.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

While not a Surefire, my bet is that a $10 upgrade to a tool that you
already own, and that improves bulb performance/life, provides longer
battery life, and lets you use weak batteries recycled from other equipment,
will probably be considered "worth it" by those who do it.

I tried it and was disappointed, so I went with the Surefire.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:15:22 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
. com...

Then I got a replacement LED Bulb for my large MagLight with good results.
Two savings are longer battery life and indefinite bulb life. If you have
ever been coon hunting and had a bulb go out and forgot to bring a spare
you know what I mean.

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

Take a look at http://www.flashlightreviews.com and you'll find
reviews on several mini-maglite conversions (and numerous other
flashlights as well). I have one with the Opalec and one with the
Terralux--both work fine, the Terralux is brighter but with shorter
battery life, the Opalec is not quite as bright, but runs a long time
and holds full brightness until the batteries are pretty well gone.
The Opalec also seems to give a somewhat smoother light field.

http://www.pocketlights.com/ledbulbs_for_mini_maglite.asp has both
and I've done enough business with them to feel that they are a
reliable outfit--the only time I've ever had a problem was right after
Katrina--I didn't realize they were in Louisiana--anyway that order
was slow but I can't really fault them for it.

You can find the Nite-Ize conversion at many sporting goods stores and
the like--it's cheap and it works but it leaves a bit to be desired
when compared with the others--the flashlightreviews discussion of it
will give you the details.

Someone mentioned Surfire. Surefire makes good flashlights, there's
no question of that, and if your life may depend on the thing working
then that's t he one to go for, but you can get a whole collection of
converted Maglites for the price of one Surefire and as for "purpose
made bulbs" they use the same Luxeon LEDs as the Terralux Maglite
conversion. There's also the battery issue--Surefires use CR-123
lithium cells that are hard to find and quite expensive compared to
the standard AAA, AA, C, or D cells that the Maglites use.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy Dingley wrote:
Leon wrote:

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

Not worth it IMHO. The LED torches using better LEDs designed
especially for torches and with suitable reflectors built in beat the
pants off any converted twin AA Maglite I've seen.

If you aren't convinced by LED torches yet, just try a Surefire.

Actually the upgrades I've seen for the AA are just 3 little LED's. I
bought the model that comes with the single bright LED. How much is a
Surefire? How much for the battery? The military uses something like
that but cost is no object for them.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

An aquarium is interactive television
for cats.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Jan 2007 09:42:39 -0800, "Andy Dingley "
wrote:

Leon wrote:

Where did you get the replacement LED for your MAG light?

Not worth it IMHO. The LED torches using better LEDs designed
especially for torches and with suitable reflectors built in beat the
pants off any converted twin AA Maglite I've seen.

If you aren't convinced by LED torches yet, just try a Surefire.

Uh, Andy, there's only one manufacturer of Luxeon LEDs, the people who
do the Maglite conversions get them from the same place that Surefire
does and there's nothing special about the ones that they sell to
Surefire except maybe that they get picked for color match.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Payne" wrote in message

Swingman wrote:

While not a Surefire, my bet is that a $10 upgrade to a tool that you
already own, and that improves bulb performance/life, provides longer
battery life, and lets you use weak batteries recycled from other

equipment,
will probably be considered "worth it" by those who do it.

I tried it and was disappointed, so I went with the Surefire.

Obviously a YMMV ... My Surefire cost $110, the latest Nite Ize upgrade for
the 15 year old MagLite was $8 ... I am not disappointed in either for the
price.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"Doug Payne" wrote in message

Swingman wrote:

While not a Surefire, my bet is that a $10 upgrade to a tool that you
already own, and that improves bulb performance/life, provides longer
battery life, and lets you use weak batteries recycled from other

equipment,
will probably be considered "worth it" by those who do it.

I tried it and was disappointed, so I went with the Surefire.

Obviously a YMMV ... My Surefire cost $110, the latest Nite Ize upgrade for
the 15 year old MagLite was $8 ... I am not disappointed in either for the
price.

:-) I wasn't disappointed by the price, only by the light output or lack
thereof. The mini-mag LED upgrade is fine if you don't need lots of light.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Payne" wrote in message

:-) I wasn't disappointed by the price, only by the light output or lack
thereof. The mini-mag LED upgrade is fine if you don't need lots of light.

The two I have are both very recent "upgrades" (late Nov 06), and yours and
Andy's comments make me wonder if there's been a recent improvement? I do
know that my SIL tried one that was disappointing, then returned it for
another, but I wasn't paying much attention at the time.

I've got two identical AA Maglites on my desk as we speak. One with, and one
without, the "upgrade". There is no comparison as to the light output. The
upgrade LED is much brighter, not even close.

The one in my the truck is a much larger 3 cell, and it too is far more
powerful with the LED. Very noticeable difference, as I use it nightly when
I close up houses that are under construction after the subs leave.

When he embarked on this project while visiting from the UK, of the two, the
latter was the one I was worried about him messing with ... needlessly as it
turned out.

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17/01/2007 4:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

Yep, I think so. I value my time (highly), and and just couldn't be
bothered trying to find endless variations of upgrade, so I went whole
hog and bought the Surefire. Haven't been sorry.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Payne wrote:
On 17/01/2007 4:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

Yep, I think so. I value my time (highly), and and just couldn't be
bothered trying to find endless variations of upgrade, so I went whole
hog and bought the Surefire. Haven't been sorry.

Over $ 100.00 for a wee flashlight! Who knew?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

The one in my the truck is a much larger 3 cell, and it too is far more
powerful with the LED. Very noticeable difference, as I use it nightly
when
I close up houses that are under construction after the subs leave.

When he embarked on this project while visiting from the UK, of the two,
the
latter was the one I was worried about him messing with ... needlessly as
it
turned out.

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

Swingman, did you SIL get the upgrade parts here or in England? If here,
where? I have a 3 cell mag light that I would like to upgrade.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:
On 17/01/2007 4:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

Yep, I think so. I value my time (highly), and and just couldn't be
bothered trying to find endless variations of upgrade, so I went whole
hog and bought the Surefire. Haven't been sorry.

Over $ 100.00 for a wee flashlight! Who knew?

Look at this one
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4223/sesent/00
they used to have one called The Beast for around $2900, the page is
missing but the internet archive comes through again
http://web.archive.org/web/200501100...4204/sesent/00
watch the line wrap or paste
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4204/sesent/00
into the archive search line at http://www.archive.org/index.php
Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Swingman, did you SIL get the upgrade parts here or in England? If here,
where? I have a 3 cell mag light that I would like to upgrade.

Here, by all means. Judging from the amount of "stuff" he brings back, and
because of the highly favorable exchange rate, I'd say that he comes
strictly to buy gadgets like that.

AAMOF, on the return flight they checked in with _exactly_ 342 lbs of
luggage (maglites and multi-tools?) between the three of them ... I didn't
even know you could do that!

As I indicated earlier, I wasn't paying too much attention to this
flashlight business until it was an accomplished fact. It may been Academy,
but it could just as easily been Wal-Mart ... hell, it felt like we hit
every store in two states.

I'll ask when I call this week to see if they've yet been able to teach my
grandson another word besides "COW!" ... (that's what they get for coming to
Texas!)

ITMT, and before you leap, you're welcome to stop by and swap 3 cells for a
couple of days to see if it suits you.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

Here, by all means. Judging from the amount of "stuff" he brings back, and
because of the highly favorable exchange rate, I'd say that he comes
strictly to buy gadgets like that.

LOL. I recall years ago selling 12 new tape decks to a guy from Mexico. He
also bought a piece of luggage and loaded it with those unboxed tape decks
to take back with him, loose parts and all.

AAMOF, on the return flight they checked in with _exactly_ 342 lbs of
luggage (maglites and multi-tools?) between the three of them ... I didn't
even know you could do that!

Was there a moving van waithing at the air port? ;~)

As I indicated earlier, I wasn't paying too much attention to this
flashlight business until it was an accomplished fact. It may been
Academy,
but it could just as easily been Wal-Mart ... hell, it felt like we hit
every store in two states.

I was slow to pick up on that. I'll check um out. Seems like Fry's or
Radio Shack would be a good place to look.

I'll ask when I call this week to see if they've yet been able to teach my
grandson another word besides "COW!" ... (that's what they get for coming
Texas!)

Cow. ;~) Wouldn't it be a hoot had he gone back with "y'all". Maybe if
they visit again in 2 or 3 more years or sooner Grandpa can work on that.

ITMT, and before you leap, you're welcome to stop by and swap 3 cells for
couple of days to see if it suits you.

I may do that. Too nasty to work out side and I am getting bored quickly.
With our kids back in school it is kinda quiet. If I get the urge I'll
call before I come.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

Was there a moving van waithing at the air port? ;~)

I asked that ... apparently SIL's father has a "people van" and met them at
the airport ... whatever that is, but probably exactly what it sounds like.

Cow. ;~) Wouldn't it be a hoot had he gone back with "y'all".

I tried ... lord, how I tried!

ITMT, and before you leap, you're welcome to stop by and swap 3 cells

for
couple of days to see if it suits you.

I may do that. Too nasty to work out side and I am getting bored quickly.
With our kids back in school it is kinda quiet. If I get the urge I'll
call before I come.

Any time ... the granite, but not the backsplash, is in in that last kitchen
we did. Although it looks like all the others, you may want to check out
your handiwork.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

I'll ask when I call this week to see if they've yet been able to teach my
grandson another word besides "COW!" ... (that's what they get for coming to
Texas!)

Mmmmm... one would have thought it would have been "BULL!"

....as it was too easy, I decided not to send this reply, but I had
already hit the 'send' button.

*smirks*

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

Mmmmm... one would have thought it would have been "BULL!"

LOL ... I was trying to keep it to one syllable at a time.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17/01/2007 10:35 PM, Robatoy wrote:
Doug Payne wrote:
On 17/01/2007 4:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".

Yep, I think so. I value my time (highly), and and just couldn't be
bothered trying to find endless variations of upgrade, so I went whole
hog and bought the Surefire. Haven't been sorry.

Over $ 100.00 for a wee flashlight! Who knew?

I view it the same way I view good hand tools. I rely on a flashlight,
so I buy something that's gonna work well for me. Same as buying a good
quality hand plane or chisel instead of an el-cheapo. Everyone has their
own economies :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Payne wrote:
On 17/01/2007 4:20 PM, Swingman wrote:

My experiences, and yours and Andy's comments, make me suspect that there
are upgrades, and then there are "upgrades".
Yep, I think so. I value my time (highly), and and just couldn't be
bothered trying to find endless variations of upgrade, so I went whole
hog and bought the Surefire. Haven't been sorry.

Over $ 100.00 for a wee flashlight! Who knew?

I view it the same way I view good hand tools. I rely on a flashlight,
so I buy something that's gonna work well for me. Same as buying a good
quality hand plane or chisel instead of an el-cheapo. Everyone has their
own economies :-)

There is all kinds of evidence around my house which will show that I
subscribe to that way of thinking.
I just never gave any thought to the fact that a flashlight could be
engineered to the point where they could ask $375.00 for one...with a
straight face.
As a reformed audiophile, I have seen people's sphincters getting
reamed by the likes of MonsterCable. 'Interconnects' for audio
equipment for a few hundred dollars which sounded the same in
blind-fold situations as their 20 dollar competition....even with a gun
to the head OR the threat of being shown a nude picture of Bea Arthur!
I always thought a flashlight was just that. Now I'm finding out that
some flashlights will show the molecular structure of moose-snot in the
middle of the night! (-----that is a Canadian thing..try not to read
too much into that..*G*)

In all seriousness, I did NOT need another thing to add to my list of
'wants', which tend to evolve into 'needs'.

$ 200.00 tops! Not a penny more!.. unless the $ 375.00 unit goes on
sale at ...$ 275.00???... 300 and that's final!!!
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

(I need my farking head checked..I actually want one of
those....*shakes head in disbelief*)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 18/01/2007 12:27 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I always thought a flashlight was just that. Now I'm finding out that
some flashlights will show the molecular structure of moose-snot in the
middle of the night! (-----that is a Canadian thing..try not to read
too much into that..*G*)

Hey, I'm from up here too, and I've been close enough to check out that
structure; it ain't purty (neither is Bea Arthur :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Payne" wrote in message
On 18/01/2007 12:27 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I always thought a flashlight was just that. Now I'm finding out that
some flashlights will show the molecular structure of moose-snot in the
middle of the night! (-----that is a Canadian thing..try not to read
too much into that..*G*)

Hey, I'm from up here too, and I've been close enough to check out that
structure; it ain't purty (neither is Bea Arthur :-)

Moose snot/Bea Arthur? ... if you can find a warm spot, you guys need to
take a break. But do it up there, please ... we don't need no more perverts
down here.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...

As a reformed audiophile, I have seen people's sphincters getting
reamed by the likes of MonsterCable. 'Interconnects' for audio
equipment for a few hundred dollars which sounded the same in
blind-fold situations as their 20 dollar competition....even with a gun
to the head OR the threat of being shown a nude picture of Bea Arthur!

Hey, there is high technology engineered into every one of those Monster
cables.

The technology is in the insulation!

How else could they make that teeny tiny cable look so big between the ends?

Bigger cable works better than door bell wire but Monster is selling a
"Look" not any significant improvement in signal quality.