Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Adaptor board

I need to make an adaptor board to replace a hard to find IC. I was
considering using the type of pins that are common on LCD displays - where a
'C' section attaches to a pad on top and bottom of the board and then has a
pin that descends to the board below. I just can't find a manufacturer.
MillMax makes round pins that either solder into holes or get pressed in.
Wasn't quite what I was looking for though.

Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:55 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

I need to make an adaptor board to replace a hard to find IC. I was
considering using the type of pins that are common on LCD displays - where a
'C' section attaches to a pad on top and bottom of the board and then has a
pin that descends to the board below. I just can't find a manufacturer.
MillMax makes round pins that either solder into holes or get pressed in.
Wasn't quite what I was looking for though.

Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Edge clip?

http://www.interplex.com/nas.nsf/0/6...2?OpenDocument

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:34:57 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:55 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

I need to make an adaptor board to replace a hard to find IC. I was
considering using the type of pins that are common on LCD displays - where a
'C' section attaches to a pad on top and bottom of the board and then has a
pin that descends to the board below. I just can't find a manufacturer.
MillMax makes round pins that either solder into holes or get pressed in.
Wasn't quite what I was looking for though.

Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Edge clip?

http://www.interplex.com/nas.nsf/0/6...2?OpenDocument

---
Goddam, John, good one!!!

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"
Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Edge clip?

http://www.interplex.com/nas.nsf/0/6...2?OpenDocument

---
Goddam, John, good one!!!

--
JF

I agree, but for smaller quantities? I can't use 30K pcs....

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:55 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

I need to make an adaptor board to replace a hard to find IC. I was
considering using the type of pins that are common on LCD displays - where
'C' section attaches to a pad on top and bottom of the board and then has
pin that descends to the board below. I just can't find a manufacturer.
MillMax makes round pins that either solder into holes or get pressed in.
Wasn't quite what I was looking for though.

Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Edge clip?

http://www.interplex.com/nas.nsf/0/6...2?OpenDocument

John

That was exactly what I was looking for. Now to find if they sell through
distribution anywhere to get smaller quantities than 30K...
I might wind up using the mill-max or Samtec pins anyway.

Thanks - big time!
Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:55 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

I need to make an adaptor board to replace a hard to find IC. I was
considering using the type of pins that are common on LCD displays - where a
'C' section attaches to a pad on top and bottom of the board and then has a
pin that descends to the board below. I just can't find a manufacturer.
MillMax makes round pins that either solder into holes or get pressed in.
Wasn't quite what I was looking for though.

Thanks for any assistance in jogging my memory.
Oppie

Someone recently asked the same is sci.electronics.components Here are the
clips from the responses

Digikey 15010-64000001000-ND
929834-02-36-ND

http://www.interplex.com/nas.nsf/0/6...2?OpenDocument
http://www.interplex.com/nas/catalog...0Inline%20Pins

I did not verify these.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Boris,

I checked and the digikey numbers are for a Millmax and 3M header
respectively. The 3M part has .025" square pins. The Mill-Max part has
square pins on one side and .018" round pins on the other. I will need .020"
(max) round pins to fit an existing screw machine socket so that part series
looks like the series we'll go with.

The interplex pins are interesting and should be inexpensive but who wants
to buy reels of 30K for a short run. Pity that digikey doesn't offer these
in cut tape.

Regards - Oppie

AC/AC Adaptor suppliers Durn UK diy 24 December 12th 17 09:21 AM
SDS adaptor Clive Dive UK diy 4 November 2nd 12 09:12 PM
Adaptor Bob Daun Woodturning 1 December 29th 06 07:50 PM
Mains Adaptor JSGJones Electronics 3 June 26th 05 04:28 PM
QFN44 adaptor Peter Grison Electronics Repair 0 December 28th 04 03:14 PM