Clive Dive

Default SDS adaptor

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Lurch

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |
Clive Dive

"Lurch" wrote in message

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.

Yeah, obviously!! but after a while it trashes the end of the sds and
those loose bits of 'swarf' can't be doing the chuck any good, can they?

Lurch

On or around Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:59:31 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.

Yeah, obviously!! but after a while it trashes the end of the sds and
those loose bits of 'swarf' can't be doing the chuck any good, can they?

As I say, never had a problem after years of doing it. Don't do it if
you don't want, no skin off my nose. My bits get changed regularly so
I haven't noticed any damage occuring, and what bits of swarf in what
chuck? My drills are caked in ****e every time they are used, theres
more than a bit of swarf here and there.

No SDS adapters available AFAIK that go from normal to SDS as that is
just plain silly.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |