DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SDS adaptor (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/127650-sds-adaptor.html)

Clive Dive November 2nd 05 10:13 PM

SDS adaptor

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Lurch November 2nd 05 11:15 PM

SDS adaptor

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |

Clive Dive November 4th 05 05:59 PM

SDS adaptor

"Lurch" wrote in message

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.

Yeah, obviously!! but after a while it trashes the end of the sds and
those loose bits of 'swarf' can't be doing the chuck any good, can they?

Lurch November 4th 05 06:53 PM

SDS adaptor

On or around Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:59:31 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Eh? Just stick them in, it's worked for me for years.

Yeah, obviously!! but after a while it trashes the end of the sds and
those loose bits of 'swarf' can't be doing the chuck any good, can they?

As I say, never had a problem after years of doing it. Don't do it if
you don't want, no skin off my nose. My bits get changed regularly so
I haven't noticed any damage occuring, and what bits of swarf in what
chuck? My drills are caked in ****e every time they are used, theres
more than a bit of swarf here and there.

No SDS adapters available AFAIK that go from normal to SDS as that is
just plain silly.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |

Troika November 2nd 12 09:12 PM

On or around Wed, 2 Nov 2005 22:13:36 +0000 (UTC), "Clive Dive"
mused:

Does anybody make a converter which will allow the use of SDS drill bits
in a conventional chuck? I have loads of SDS bits and occasionaly it is
easier to use the cordless drill.

Silverline make an appropriate adaptor, sold by Transtools, amongst others. See
Silverline SDS Adaptor To Hex 9/16in - Transtools .