Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Back-Up #8

Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

Congratulations to Killian, the exhausted parents and the proud
grandparents.

Glad to see you posting again--how are the legs?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 15:47:27 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

Congratulations to Killian, the exhausted parents and the proud
grandparents.

Glad to see you posting again--how are the legs?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Pretty decent, actually. Some pain, but not unexpected. Fairly
mobile. But getting out of bed is still quite the chore :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

Congratulations to Killian, the exhausted parents and the proud
grandparents.

Glad to see you posting again--how are the legs?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Pretty decent, actually. Some pain, but not unexpected. Fairly
mobile. But getting out of bed is still quite the chore :-(

Blame it on the mattress :-)

We had to shop for a bed today and ended up at Ikea. There it's all
pretty basic stuff but it was the only place that had beds where you
don't sink all the way down into a mattress. Oh, and they had those
Swedish meat balls at the cantina.

Actually the mattress cost more than twice as much as the bed but it'll
be worth it when that back pain cometh again.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 01:31:39 GMT, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

Congratulations.

Its good to hear your doing well. You'll be running marathons soon.

Cheers

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

Will I be able to play the piano ?:-) (Paraphrasing an old Groucho
Marx line.)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:00:40 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

When my first kid was born, I was 21 I think, and it was the standard
wait on a bench outside, then much later get to see the kid through a
window. When The Brat was born, I was 40 and things had changed. I was
in the room when she was born (fairly messy process, being born) and
then they took her into a room across the hall and put her on a table,
with thermocouples stuck on her hide and some sort of closed-loop IR
heaters that made sure that her own thermoregulator loops were
working. They left me alone with her to watch that everything was OK,
probably on purpose, the bonding thing. It worked. She lay there on
her back, looking all around, making various faces on the order of
"what the hell have I got into now?" Obviously a new, very distinct
consciousness had arrived, from somewhere. That was, I think, the most
memorable instant of my life, so far.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Yep. It's worth a cry. 4 children and 8 grandchildren later (a 45
year span) I still feel the same.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

Wild kind of Hardware Abstraction Level.

RL
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

...Jim Thompson

Wild kind of Hardware Abstraction Level.

RL

My son is a programmer... what do you expect his photographs to show
?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

Some more....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/Fa...FirstVisit.jpg

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Another memorable instant was the day that I realized that she was big
enough and strong enough to hurt me. [1]

John

[1] She's now team captain for the Cornell softball team, even
scarier. You *do* want to pay attention when you're feeding her balls
in the batting cage, and they're coming back at you like Sidewinder
missiles.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 08:38:54 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 07:30:35 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

[snip]

Yep. It's worth a cry. 4 children and 8 grandchildren later (a 45
year span) I still feel the same.

...Jim Thompson

Another memorable instant was the day that I realized that she was big
enough and strong enough to hurt me. [1]

Same with my sons... ooops he's taller than I am and SMART ;-)

Girls stayed their mother's height, ~ 5'2 & 5'4", SMART also!

John

[1] She's now team captain for the Cornell softball team, even
scarier. You *do* want to pay attention when you're feeding her balls
in the batting cage, and they're coming back at you like Sidewinder
missiles.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Congratulations.

Its good to hear your doing well. You'll be running marathons soon.

Cheers

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
Back-Up #8...

http://www.adtsoft.com/Killian

Will I be able to play the piano ?:-) (Paraphrasing an old Groucho
Marx line.)

No, but you'll be pushing a mouse around again, in no time! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Another memorable instant was the day that I realized that she was big
enough and strong enough to hurt me. [1]

Same with my sons... ooops he's taller than I am and SMART ;-)

Girls stayed their mother's height, ~ 5'2 & 5'4", SMART also!

John

[1] She's now team captain for the Cornell softball team, even
scarier. You *do* want to pay attention when you're feeding her balls
in the batting cage, and they're coming back at you like Sidewinder
missiles.

Isn't it just wonderful when your kids demonstrate some attribute
above your own capabilities.

Regards
Ian