Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Switch drawing for basics group

Attached Thumbnails
Switch drawing for  basics group-combi-switch-png
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, john jardine wrote:
Note that in conventional logic equations, "+" means "OR", not "AND",
which is how your switch is wired. The usual representation of (A AND B
AND C) would be either "ABC" or "A * B * C".

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Stephen J. Rush" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, john jardine wrote:
Note that in conventional logic equations, "+" means "OR", not "AND",
which is how your switch is wired. The usual representation of (A AND B
AND C) would be either "ABC" or "A * B * C".

Yes.
I was taught "." for AND and "+" for OR but in this case the original
poster seemed not to be into Boolean combinatorics so I said ******** to
George B and his antilogical notations.
.... Much like I assume a '5 degrees' rotation of something will be to rotate
it clockwise, unlike the CAD proggers who force the mathematically correct
but massively unfriendly 'anticlockwise'.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, "john jardine"
Gave us:

You forgot to incorporate switch position status indicators.

An LED array will do nicely.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches

You forgot a PIC as well.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Windows tip #248: add BUGS=OFF to your registry.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

I'm having another 'thick' week and can't visualise your idea. Any chance of
a small spoon feed? .

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

I'm having another 'thick' week and can't visualise your idea. Any chance of
a small spoon feed? .

The description above is wrong. It was all I had util I found the
full description on SEB.

He wants all three switches N.O. in series. Connect a SPST switch
across each of them to diasble that switch's N.O. function by shorting
that switch, or switches out. Then the remining switch or switches will
control the device.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
[...]

The description above is wrong. It was all I had util I found the
full description on SEB.

He wants all three switches N.O. in series. Connect a SPST switch
across each of them to diasble that switch's N.O. function by shorting
that switch, or switches out. Then the remining switch or switches will
control the device.

Thanks Michael. I get it now!

sci.electronics.basics [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 27th 06 03:41 AM
Toilet basics Eigenvector Home Repair 13 July 2nd 06 03:23 PM
Dowel Basics Relz Woodworking 1 March 10th 06 06:09 PM
funny drawing softwaScreenPen,drawing directly on screen! [email protected] Metalworking 1 February 4th 06 10:24 PM
fluorescent basics stuart noble UK diy 19 November 24th 04 04:14 PM