DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronic Schematics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/)
-   -   Switch drawing for basics group (https://www.diybanter.com/electronic-schematics/209544-switch-drawing-basics-group.html)

john jardine April 23rd 07 12:38 AM

Switch drawing for basics group

1 Attachment(s)

Stephen J. Rush April 23rd 07 01:04 AM

Switch drawing for basics group

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, john jardine wrote:
Note that in conventional logic equations, "+" means "OR", not "AND",
which is how your switch is wired. The usual representation of (A AND B
AND C) would be either "ABC" or "A * B * C".

john jardine April 23rd 07 01:40 AM

"Stephen J. Rush" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, john jardine wrote:
Note that in conventional logic equations, "+" means "OR", not "AND",
which is how your switch is wired. The usual representation of (A AND B
AND C) would be either "ABC" or "A * B * C".

Yes.
I was taught "." for AND and "+" for OR but in this case the original
poster seemed not to be into Boolean combinatorics so I said ******** to
George B and his antilogical notations. ;)
.... Much like I assume a '5 degrees' rotation of something will be to rotate
it clockwise, unlike the CAD proggers who force the mathematically correct
but massively unfriendly 'anticlockwise'.

john jardine April 23rd 07 02:44 AM

Switch drawing for basics group

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches :(

Michael A. Terrell April 23rd 07 03:30 AM

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches :(

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

SuperM April 23rd 07 05:14 AM

Switch drawing for basics group

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, "john jardine"
Gave us:

You forgot to incorporate switch position status indicators.

An LED array will do nicely.

Paul Hovnanian P.E. April 24th 07 02:03 AM

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches :(

You forgot a PIC as well.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Windows tip #248: add BUGS=OFF to your registry.

john jardine April 24th 07 02:38 AM

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches :(

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

I'm having another 'thick' week and can't visualise your idea. Any chance of
a small spoon feed? ;).

Michael A. Terrell April 24th 07 03:32 AM

john jardine wrote:

"john jardine" wrote in message
.. .

Ignore.
It's ********. I missed B+C and they don't make 7 way switches :(

Use three toggle switches, one in series with each switch. Then
parallel all three sets of switches.

I'm having another 'thick' week and can't visualise your idea. Any chance of
a small spoon feed? ;).

The description above is wrong. It was all I had util I found the
full description on SEB.

He wants all three switches N.O. in series. Connect a SPST switch
across each of them to diasble that switch's N.O. function by shorting
that switch, or switches out. Then the remining switch or switches will
control the device.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

john jardine April 24th 07 09:49 PM

Switch drawing for basics group

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
[...]

The description above is wrong. It was all I had util I found the
full description on SEB.

He wants all three switches N.O. in series. Connect a SPST switch
across each of them to diasble that switch's N.O. function by shorting
that switch, or switches out. Then the remining switch or switches will
control the device.

Thanks Michael. I get it now!