Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
john jardine john jardine is offline

Default Switch drawing for basics group

"Stephen J. Rush" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 00:38:39 +0100, john jardine wrote:
Note that in conventional logic equations, "+" means "OR", not "AND",
which is how your switch is wired. The usual representation of (A AND B
AND C) would be either "ABC" or "A * B * C".

Yes.
I was taught "." for AND and "+" for OR but in this case the original
poster seemed not to be into Boolean combinatorics so I said ******** to
George B and his antilogical notations.
.... Much like I assume a '5 degrees' rotation of something will be to rotate
it clockwise, unlike the CAD proggers who force the mathematically correct
but massively unfriendly 'anticlockwise'.